Feminist Majority Foundation is seeking applicants for a full-time Development Associate/Executive Assistant in its Los Angeles office.
The Feminist Majority Foundation (FMF) is a national organization founded in 1987 to develop bold, new strategies and programs to advance equality, non-violence, and the empowerment of women and girls in all sectors of society. Our research and action programs focus on advancing legal, social and political equality, countering the backlash to advancement, and recruiting and training young feminists to encourage future leadership for the feminist movement in the United States. Since 2001, Feminist Majority Foundation has published Ms. magazine; launched in 1972, today Ms. remains the most trusted, popular source for feminist news, analysis and information in its print magazine, website, social media, podcasts, events, and email newsletters.
Responsibilities and Duties:
FMF seeks a resourceful self-starter with a strong work ethic who can handle multiple projects simultaneously, who is knowledgeable and passionate about feminist issues and policy, and is enthusiastic about FMF’s mission. The Development Associate/Executive Assistant supports the Executive Director of the Feminist Majority Foundation, including in her role as Executive Editor, Ms. magazine, in day-to-day tasks and long-term projects. The position includes planning and executing live and virtual fundraising events and sustaining and expanding major donor and foundation funding. Applicants should enjoy a fast-paced environment, have a customer service orientation, and demonstrate an ability to set and reset priorities. This is a full-time, exempt position in the FMF’s Los Angeles office. Some travel and evening work.
Development Associate Role
- Coordinate donor and foundation communications, field phone calls, respond to emails, schedule meetings and appointments, and organize mailings.
- Oversee event planning and meeting arrangements, including logistics and materials, liaison with vendors and venues as appropriate.
- Conduct donor and foundation research.
- Develop and maintain fundraising calendar to ensure all grant proposals, reporting and other deadlines are met; organize and maintain development files.
- Maintain up to date databases of donor contact information; process donor acknowledgments and communications.
Executive Assistant Role
- Supervise and direct the work of office administrative staff and interns
- Undertake special assignments as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Four-year college degree with a minimum of 3 years of experience, preferably in a non-profit development or communications related role in an office setting, and with a background in and passion for feminist issues and/or politics.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required, along with outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to multi-task and work with a wide range of individuals.
- Willingness to engage with donors and volunteers.
- The ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills with familiarity with CRM platforms, preferably EveryAction, and familiarity with WordPress a plus.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. This is a full-time, exempt position. Excellent benefits package that includes health, dental and disability insurance, paid sick, family and medical leave.
FMF is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including people of color, people with disabilities and LBGTQ individuals. We strive for a diverse workforce, and we acknowledge that our diversity also comes from our experiences and perspectives. We want all staff and team members to be treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to ensuring that you can carry out your assigned mission in
an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
FMF requires documentation of COVID-19 vaccination of all employees.
If interested, please submit a cover letter outlining your qualifications and interest, salary requirements, resume and references to FMFWestCoastjobs@feminist.org.
No phone calls please.