People. Teams. Culture.
DevelopWell is a coaching and consulting practice for leaders and teams of all levels to develop the skills and mindset to achieve their full potential. We work with progressive organizations and companies doing cutting-edge mission-driven work towards making the world a better place. Some of our clients include ActBlue, SEIU, Advance Native Political Leadership, PL+US, and many more!
DevelopWell is a place where first time managers and Executive Directors can both find individual coaching. It’s where teams of 3 or 300 can experience meaningful and productive team building workshops. And where HR and Operations leads can find partnership in creating intentional structures and inclusive practices for their organization.
DevelopWell’s client base is growing rapidly and we are building an intentional team of people who are passionate about creating healthy workplaces with vibrant leaders. At DevelopWell, we reflect the values we are working to create in the world internally, and are striving to create a healthy, supportive, growth-oriented workplace. And we have a lot of fun doing it!
The Senior Consultant will report to DevelopWell’s COO, Holly Witherington. The person in this role will serve as a lead consultant with our growing client list. In this role, you’ll advise organizational leaders, develop foundational systems and initiatives for teams, and facilitate implementation and operationalization.
The perfect person for this job is an experienced HR professional and project manager who is deeply committed to establishing equitable, inclusive, people focused management and leadership practices in mission-driven organizations and companies. As a Senior Consultant, you’ll understand and anticipate client needs, and approach all aspects of your projects and engagements with an analytical and innovative approach. You’ll skillfully move from a 30,000 foot view into the weeds of projects seamlessly and intentionally, with a focus on creating polished, values-based systems and structures that produce real-world results.
Client Relationships & Business Development – 45%
- Be the senior-level contact and expert on our clients: develop scopes, budgets, and plans to meet their needs and manage Consulting Coordinators on project work.
- Manage and meet goals of clients engagements
- Manage other DW staff or coordinate with other consultants to complete client engagements
- Triage questions and issues that come up from clients.
- Advise and execute on HR and People-operations issues and projects.
- In partnership with our CEO, COO, and senior leadership, support on writing proposals and participating in pitches with clients.
- Be one of the faces of the company: identify and execute strategies to maintain and grow our client relationships.
- Maintain awareness on best practices in client and project management.
Project Management – 40%
- Create and manage scopes, timelines, and budgets, including writing proposals.
- Lead regular check-ins with clients and cross-functional internal teams.
- Organize and provide regular updates and communications with project teams.
- Manage and enhance internal documentation and suite of tools on projects (Google Drive, Slack, ClickUp).
- Look for ways to improve our internal tools, systems, and processes to increase efficiency and impact.
- Lead project kick-offs (internally and with client teams) as well as project debriefs (internally) so we can continuously improve on our work.
People & Team Management – 15%
- Supervise Consulting Coordinators
- Offer informed and thoughtful feedback to team members on their work, including helping to navigate client relationships, problem solving, and challenges.
- Expand our overall project management discipline and make our internal processes more efficient and effective.
- Look for opportunities to improve client services, using data and feedback from clients to improve our work.
- Foster a culture of leadership and excellence within the team.
- A minimum of 6+ years experience in HR or a related field
- Experience leading HR and organizational development projects or initiatives
- Demonstrated customer-service orientation, specifically in a virtual environment
- Expert project manager with a high-level of attention to detail
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to growing your capacity and the capacity of DW to integrate anti-racism/ anti-oppression in our work
We hope you bring one or more of these bonus skills:
- Facilitation of workshops, trainings, or retreats
- Experience managing teams or organizations
- Business development experience
- Coaching experience or certification
- Experience leading anti-racism/ anti-oppression work within organizations or as a consultant
WORKING AT DEVELOPWELL
- Flexible work location including a budget to set up your home office.
- This remote position requires consistent phone and internet access at your home office location.
- The position will not require travel until it is widely safe to do so. At that time, this position may require up to 15% travel.
- Join a growing team that is building a healthy and equitable workplace!
- We are not currently offering U.S. visa sponsorship for this role.
SALARY AND COMPENSATION
- Salary range for this position is $80-95k
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO including paid holidays and end of year office closure
- Monthly stipend towards phone and internet expenses
- 401K with a 5% company match that is fully vested upon enrollment
APPLICATION & INTERVIEW PROCESS
How to apply: Submit your resume and responses to our application questions.
Application deadline: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis through January 31, 2022
Target start date: February 21, 2022
Interview process: Qualified applicants will participate in a series of interviews via Zoom. There will be 2-3 rounds of interviews and one 1-hour hiring exercise.
Accommodation: If you require accommodations during the interview process or hiring exercise, please contact us with your request.
If your experience doesn’t exactly match the qualifications listed but you believe you would shine in this role, we want to hear from you! Please apply and tell us why you’re the right person for the job.
Black, Indigenous, and other people of color, women and femmes, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, and formerly incarcerated or systems-impacted people are highly encouraged to apply.
DevelopWell is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. DevelopWell hires and promotes individuals on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. We strongly encourage diverse applicants to apply.
Apply here: https://developwell.recruitee.com/o/senior-consultant
To apply for this job please visit developwell.recruitee.com.