Website The Hub Project
Reports to: Senior Director, Polling & Analytics
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full-time; Exempt
Salary range: $105,000 – $148,000
About The Hub
Launched in 2016, The Hub is a nonprofit effort made up of a growing team of communications, research, and organizing experts with extensive experience in campaign strategy, digital, polling, and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy. We make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups – bringing surge capacity and coordination to build innovative and effective campaigns.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to creating an environment where people from all backgrounds can participate, grow, and succeed in our organization. We believe we have a duty to use our power and privilege to contribute to transformational change to ensure our government is working for everyone and that all families have a fair shot.
The Polling & Analytics Director will supervise and oversee public opinion research projects to strategically inform progressive campaigns incubated in The Hub Project. The Director will be responsible for managing a robust pipeline of polling, data, and analytics projects and ensuring all elements of the research lifecycle for each project is executed successfully, including instrument development, data analysis, identifying key findings and strategic recommendations, overseeing the management of external vendors, maintaining and building partnerships, and publicly presenting results to advocates, elected officials, and other research partners.
As the Polling & Analytics Director, you will:
● Manage a team of at least three employees (Associate Director, Senior Manager, and Associate) to execute all components of the quantitative and qualitative research lifecycle on multiple projects simultaneously, including but not limited to: questionnaire design, discussion guides, sample design, field management, data analysis, and both written and graphical reporting.
● Lead all efforts to conduct rigorous programmatic assessments and evaluations of campaigns run by The Hub Project, including potential field experiments, panel recontact studies, and/or randomized control trials.
● Present and communicate results from polling, data, and analytics projects both internally to strategically inform and advance The Hub Project’s issue advocacy campaigns, as well as to stakeholders across the progressive community.
● Work with the Senior Director, Polling & Analytics to identify opportunities whenever possible to expand The Hub Project’s capacity for advanced quantitative measurement and assessment and employ cutting-edge techniques and methodologies.
● Work with the Manager, Polling & Analytics to build and manage data infrastructure and warehousing across the entire organization.
● Manage outreach and network of leading external progressive polling and analytics vendors.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
● You are committed to a just and inclusive economy that delivers opportunity and dignity to all Americans and are passionate about strengthening American democracy.
● You have a track record of developing and maintaining strong working relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders
● You have at least 7 years of experience working in survey research, data science, and/or analytics (such as with a research supplier, market research organization, or media outlet) or equivalent.
● You have experience with statistical software packages and/or programming skills, such as R, Python, SPSS, STATA, Python, and/or SQL.
● You are comfortable overseeing and being the final approver of all elements of the survey research lifecycle.
● You have experience designing evaluations and tests to determine the efficacy of programs and tactics such as field experiments, panel recontact studies, and/or randomized control trials.
● You have extensive experience translating complex datasets into key findings and strategic recommendations and presenting them to a variety of different types of audiences and stakeholders.
● You have experience managing large budgets and achieved outcomes with budgetary constraints, and have successfully recruited, negotiated, and managed outside vendors.
● You keep up-to-date on innovations in design and methodology in public opinion research methods.
● You have experience training and mentoring junior staff and facilitating their career development while fostering an environment that encourages teamwork and collaboration.
● You’re capable of representing The Hub Project in the political polling and data analytics communities.
● You have experience working with voter files, particularly TargetSmart or Catalist.
What We Offer
The salary range for this position is $105,000-$148,000, commensurate with experience. The Hub Project provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to:
● 100% employer paid medical, vision, and dental premiums for employee, spouse, and dependent(s)
● Three% automatic 401k employer contribution plus an additional 3% employer match on 401k contributions – fully vested on the first day of employment
● A Health Reimbursement Account to subsidize co-pay, prescription, and other medical costs
● Generous PTO policy including paid holidays, vacation, sick and volunteer time off
● Monthly Tech Connectivity and Wellness stipend
COVID-19 Safety Considerations and Vaccination Policy
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, The Hub requires that any employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees are expected to report to work in person; all individuals entering the Hub offices will be asked to produce vaccination documentation for entrance to the premises. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at [email protected]
How to apply
To begin the application process, click “Apply For This Job.” This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Hub is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.