The Texas Democratic Party is seeking a highly motivated Distributed Director to help ensure Democratic victories across the state.
- Develop and implement a statewide distributed organizing program to engage and mobilize voters and volunteers across every corner of Texas
- Create and manage a robust and innovative out of state volunteer program
- Work with the Organizing Director to make strategic decisions about the use of peer to peer texting, email, online communities, social media and other digital tools
- Hire, manage and train a large team of staff who oversee volunteer communities via Facebook, Slack, and/or other online platforms, write copy for text messages, call scripts, social media and create and deliver trainings on digital organizing tools and tactics to staff and volunteers
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned
- At least 2 cycles of staff management experience
- At least 1-2 cycles of experience on campaigns in field or digital positions
- Proven track record of managing large scale distributed programs and creating and executing a distributed program from start to finish
- Extensive experience creating online communities, training and managing volunteers remotely, making strategic decisions about distributed tools and administering and managing peer-to-peer texting campaigns on platforms such as Hustle, ThruText, or other.
- Goal-oriented and self-disciplined; able to meet tight deadlines and multitask
- Ability to think creatively, be solutions oriented and motivate direct reports to do the same amidst a positive and productive team culture
- Resilient and reflective team player excited to work tirelessly to elect Democrats in Texas
This position is full time, based in Texas and cycle only. Applicants must have a reliable laptop, cell phone and vehicle. Applicants must also be comfortable working long and irregular hours, including nights and weekends, and have an understanding that campaigns are never a 9-5 job.
How to Apply: To apply visit txdem.co/distributeddirector