Website NextGen America
NextGen America is currently seeking a creative, self-starting Distributed Organizing Associate to join our Distributed Organizing team. The distributed organizing team will work to build and grow strong digital communities to help engage with young voters, expand ballot access, and elect progressives up and down the ballot. We are looking for organizers to spread the #YouthVote across digital networks, recruit folks online into strong volunteer networks and lead volunteer teams in direct voter contact using peer-to-peer (P2P) texting, phone banks/predictive dialers and other distributed tools.
The ideal candidate has a passion for politics and a belief that young people will make the difference in politics. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. We value and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as an organization–in theory and in practice, and our culture reflects that value and commitment. We are committed to furthering issues like climate change, health care, and immigration from a progressive perspective, and we seek to engage the public in these areas as well as others. We also recognize the urgency of confronting institutional racism and inequity within our political system, and strive to make positive changes within our system as a result.
This is a fully remote position with no location requirement. We encourage candidates from all locations within the United States to apply.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Remote Position: Yes
Union Position: No
Travel Requirements: 0-10%
- Manage a values-driven and data-informed distributed organizing program with a team that will recruit, train and organize remote volunteers to hit voter contact and mobilization goals in key 2022 races and states.
- Run regular P2P campaigns including data request, drafting, QA process, campaign launch, debrief and clean up.
- Draft and edit training guides, memos, templates and toolkits to support volunteers’ direct voter contact over email, phone, text, Slack, and other platforms.
- Pull regular data metrics and write regular progress qualitative and quantitative reports on impact of direct voter contact.
- Be a digital community manager and administrator.
- Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Experience in either field or digital positions on political campaigns, training volunteers, OR have managed and grown active online communities.
- Exceptional writing, copyediting and proofreading skills.
- The candidate must have excellent organizational skills, and demonstrate a clear ability to adapt rapidly to evolving priorities and deadlines.
- They must have a strong work ethic and demonstrate consistent attention to detail.
- Love working in a dynamic team environment.
- Be a positive team player that sets the tone for everyone to do their best work.
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Experience growing and managing digital volunteer teams.
- Proficiency with advocacy CRM tools such as Blue State Digital, NGPVAN, Convio or Salsa.
- Experience with reporting and analytics tools including Google Analytics, Omniture, Facebook Analytics, etc.
- Familiarity administering and managing peer-to-peer texting campaigns on platforms such as Hustle, ThruText (formerly Relay), Spoke or other.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS for email and landing pages.
- Familiarity with graphics and editing tools like the Adobe Creative Suite.
Salary of $60,000/year plus a comprehensive benefits package.
ABOUT NEXTGEN AMERICA:
NextGen America is the leading national organization for engaging young people through voter education, registration and mobilization. We invite 18-to-35 year olds — the largest and most diverse generation in American history — into our democracy to ensure our government works for them and to find new solutions to the dire challenges facing our society and the world. Since 2013, NextGen America has registered more than 1.4 million young voters and educated many millions more, delivering more than the margin of victory for progressives in key races and building an electorate that will lead American politics for decades to come.