End Citizens United//Let America Vote’s Mission: To fix our democracy by getting big money out of politics and protecting the right to vote. We will work to end our rigged political system by electing reform champions, passing meaningful legislative reforms, and elevating these issues in the national conversation. We will work in partnership with these champions to overturn Citizens United, end the unlimited and undisclosed money in politics, and protect and expand the right to vote.
Reports to: Senior Compliance Director
Job Summary: The Compliance Assistant is an entry-level member of staff at End Citizens United//Let America Vote and is responsible for supporting the Compliance department.
● Pick up mail and log contributions for safe harbor purpose
● Prepare daily deposits for ECU and related entities and distribute timely deposit logs to key staff. Obtain proper approvals/review for deposits
● Under direction of Deputy Compliance and Operations Director review contributions for compliance issues, including Employer/Occupation information requests and other donor correspondence- including passport requests and passport receipt tracking
● Maintain calendar of state and federal filing deadlines across all organizations; track registration information for state committees under ECU Non-Federal
● Ensure NGP Van data is clean and donor records are de-duplicated- manage de-dupe file in coordination with Deputy Compliance and Operations Director
● Clean and format excel data files for import
● Other duties as assigned.
The Compliance Assistant should be a self-starter with an interest in financial management, FEC reporting, and state campaign finance reporting. Proven experience with Microsoft Excel required.
Advanced Skills Desired
NGP/EveryAction, prior campaign or PAC, and/or financial management/bookkeeping experience preferred.
The hiring salary for this position is $42,000 and comes with a competitive salary and benefits package. To apply, email resume and cover letter as one file to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Compliance Assistant.” Please indicate in your email where you viewed the posting. No calls, please.
Job Location: Washington, DC. No option for permanent remote work.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all positions are currently working remotely and travel is suspended. This position will be required to work in-office when our offices reopen, which is currently anticipated to be in early 2022. We anticipate utilizing a hybrid in-office/work from home schedule. Additionally, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated to work in the office and participate in travel and other work related events.
End Citizens United is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com