End Citizens United//Let America Vote’s Mission: To fix our democracy by getting big money out of politics and protecting the right to vote. We will work to end our rigged political system by electing reform champions, passing meaningful legislative reforms, and elevating these issues in the national conversation. We will work in partnership with these champions to overturn Citizens United, end the unlimited and undisclosed money in politics, and protect and expand the right to vote.
Reports to: Director, Action Fund
Job Summary: The Action Fund Assistant is an integral member of the End Citizens United//Let America Vote Action Fund team. The position is often fast-paced and performs a wide range of duties, including legislative tracking, researching and drafting documents, and assisting in overseeing the department intern. ECU/LAV staff have recently unionized and this position would be covered by the union.
- Track key legislation
- Draft and prepare materials, such as memos, presentations, fact sheets and talking points for senior staff, Congressional meetings, and events
- Monitor social media engagement of Members of Congress on key issues
- Maintain internal databases and trackers
- Assist with research projects and data collection
- Track all department expenses for monthly receipt reconciliation
- Provide scheduling support for internal and external meetings
- Occasionally monitor the front desk and answer ECU/LAV’s main phone line
- Perform additional duties as assigned
The Action Fund Assistant must have excellent attention to detail, strong writing skills, an ability to handle multiple projects on competing and tight deadlines, and interest in the legislative process. The Action Fund Assistant must be committed to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff. The Action Fund Assistant is an entry level position and recent college graduates and anyone starting their career are encouraged to apply. College degree is not required for this position.
The starting salary for this position is $42,000 and comes with a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Paid-time off available immediately upon hire–no accrual needed
- Health insurance including Dental & Vision. There are many health plans available that are fully employer paid. Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, STD, &
- LTD plans are fully employer paid.
- Work from home 3 days a week
- Reimbursement for your cell phone bill up to $100 a month
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- IRA with up to 3% of salary matched
- Relocation stipend for employees relocating to work out of our Washington, D.C. office
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume through our website. The application deadline is May 18th. No calls, please.
Job Location: This position is based in Washington, D.C. where our staff work in our office in-person a minimum of 2 days a week. Relocation stipend available.
COVID-19: ECU/LAV prioritizes the health and safety of our employees and continually updates our in-office protocols related to COVID-19 based on current CDC guidance, local ordinances, and best practices. Applicants must be willing to receive the full course of one of the CDC-recommended vaccinations against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, including recommended boosters. Reasonable accommodations may be granted in accordance with relevant federal and state regulations.
Accessibility: Our D.C. office space is a professional office environment that is fully accessible. All employees based in our D.C. office have the option of working remotely 3 days a week. This position’s main functions are carried out using a computer and phone. All employees may request a reasonable accommodation to perform their job tasks.
End Citizens United is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit endcitizensunited.bamboohr.com.