Website EMILYs List
EMILYs List the Nation’s Largest Resource for Women in Politics
Federal and Gubernatorial Regional Director
Reports to: Senior Director of Federal & Gubernatorial Campaigns
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
FLSA Status: Exempt
Union Position: Yes
EMILYs List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for a Regional Director to join our Campaigns team. The Regional Director will work to provide professional advice and assess the operations of campaigns within the assigned region.
At EMILYs List, you’ll be part of a dynamic team committed to electing Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot. Read on for more details about the job and about EMILYs List.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and maintain political relationships to identify and recruit strong Democratic pro-choice women to run in competitive races.
- Work directly with campaigns and advise them on critical components of their operation including:
- Building a professional campaign team including recruiting effective campaign managers and other campaign staff
- Developing and maintaining campaign budgets and plans
- Building and helping execute the campaign strategic plan
- Reviewing and understanding ad buys and paid communication plans
- Establishing high-quality campaign structures for field, research, communications, digital, and fundraising
- Working directly with prospective and endorsed candidates
- Building strong relationships with candidates and campaign staff on behalf of EMILYs List.
- Communicate needs and goals of EMILYs List endorsement process to candidates.
- Understand the needs of individual campaigns and advocate for support from EMILYs List on their behalf.
- Monitor and report out routinely on progress of campaigns.
- Assist with the EMILYs List training programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be willing to travel including occasional nights and weekends.
- Self starter with at least six years of campaign and electoral experience, ideally federal campaign experience. Campaign management experience is highly desired.
- Excellent communication skills, good attention to detail and the ability to think on one’s feet.
All candidates should possess commitment and passion to elect Democratic pro-choice Women, as well as a commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff.
The salary for this position is $98,100 – $122,000 and comes with a comprehensive benefits package. The starting pay for this position is equal to others at the same level throughout the organization. To apply, visit our jobs site: Regional Director, Federal and Gubernatorial to upload your resume, provide a cover letter, and fill out an application. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly. No calls, please.
Our office is based in Washington, DC. This position is eligible for full-time remote work.
ABOUT EMILYs LIST
EMILYs List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, works to elect Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot and across the country with a goal of fighting for our rights and our communities. Our work is centered around a fundamental vision: Run. Win. Change the World. EMILYs List has raised $850 million in service to that vision and has helped Democratic women win competitive elections by recruiting and training candidates, supporting and helping build strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, running one of the largest independent expenditure operations for Democrats, and turning out women voters to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect the country’s first woman as vice president, 175 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 20 governors, and over 1,500 women to state and local office. More than 40% of the candidates EMILYs List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. Visit www.emilyslist.org for more information.
EMILYs List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
EMILYs List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person holding this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. EMILYs List reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.