Website Texas Democratic Party
Reports to: Finance Director
The Texas Democratic Party seeks a full-time Finance Assistant to grow the Finance team. This is an entry-level position. Reporting directly to the Finance Director and often working closely alongside her, this new team member will be responsible for grassroots fundraising projects, administrative support, and will support the continued growth of the Texas Democrats fundraising program.
The right fit for this job is a person who has impeccable organizational, interpersonal, communication, and planning skills. Our next teammate and family member is highly responsible, creative, takes initiative, and has a sense of humor and team spirit.
Finance Assistant Responsibilities
- Partner with Digital Organizing team to execute “mini-bundlers” program
- Manage the lapsed Sustaining Member campaign
- Manage the Victory Fund email account
- Update and maintain several donor databases and support reporting requests
- Conducts in-depth donor research on new and current donors
- Prepare briefings for donor meetings
- Process daily contributions
- Assist in planning and executing all fundraisers and events
- Support the Finance Director in managing ally and partner relationships and stewardship
- Write and mail thank you notes to donors, event attendees, and partners
- Other tasks as assigned
- Must be willing to work some nights and weekends
Required Skills and Preferred Experience:
- Finance/fundraising experience preferred, though not required for the right candidate
- Knowledge of NGP Software preferred, though not required for the right candidate
- A true self-starter who is a detail oriented team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage many projects simultaneously and cheerfully
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
- Reliable Transportation
- A reliable laptop
- A reliable cell phone
Salary: This position pays $3,700 per month, commensurate with experience.
Employee Classification: This is a full-time position for the duration of the 2020 election cycle.
How to apply: txdem.co/apply-fa