Website East Bay Alliance for a Sustainable Economy (EBASE)
For more than 20 years, East Bay Alliance for a Sustainable Economy (EBASE) has been advancing economic and racial justice by building an inclusive economy in the East Bay based on good jobs and healthy communities. EBASE addresses the root causes of injustice, including white supremacy and corporate control, by developing strategic alliances among residents, workers, and people of faith to build power and win systemic change. EBASE develops leadership and capacity of Black and Brown communities, low-wage workers, and tenants through our campaigns. EBASE comprises a team of committed and seasoned staff, and an engaged board committed to a bold vision of economic and racial justice and a transformational approach to organizing that creates strong solidarity among people of color, women, immigrants, and queer folks. EBASE is a founding member of the PowerSwitch Action national network.
In support of its mission, EBASE seeks an organized and detail-oriented Finance Manager to directly oversee organizational compliance and financial management and administration for the organization. The Finance Manager will manage EBASE’s accounting, financial management, financial reporting, and compliance needs. S/He/They will work across the organization to coordinate budgeting for both the organization and individual programs. The ideal candidate will have experience developing or managing budgets for programs or initiatives, supported compliance needs of any organization, and/or managed cash flow and forecasting. The Finance Manager role is shared with East Bay Action, a separate 501(c4).
For the full position description and to apply, please visit: https://npag.com/ebase-financemgr
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will have experience in accounting, financial management, and/or reporting. While no one candidate will embody all the qualifications below, the ideal candidate will possess many of the following professional and personal abilities, attributes, and experiences:
- Integrity and good judgement: Models a high bar for performance; holds confidential information confidential; operates with the best interests of the organization in mind.
- Detail-oriented: Geeks out on systems and enjoys following the money trail.
- Deadline-driven and strong project management: Experienced track record of creating project workplans and meeting deadlines, including when multiple projects are at play.
- Responsive and communicative: Responds quickly and thoroughly to requests and communication by text, email, and phone; brings a can-do attitude.
- Builds Relationships: Builds enthusiastic buy-in and trust with individuals from a wide range of backgrounds, including board members, staff, vendors, and allies; is positive, inspiring and has a sense of humor.
- Proactive Problem Solving: Proactively develop solutions to challenges, including by constantly looking at big-picture progress on innovations in the field, and by flagging any potential upcoming challenges in the organization overall.
- Flexibility: Adapt quickly as things change; able to be flexible as new information becomes available.
- Collaboration: Close coordination with the Management team for all major organizational decisions and flags important areas to incorporate full staff input.
- Financial Coordination: Experience coordinating and tracking financial records; financial management in a 501c3 – 501c4 resource sharing relationship is a plus but not required.
Location: Oakland, California
Work Environment: Currently all EBASE staff are working from home in light of COVID. In the future, this position will be based out of the Downtown Oakland office.
Compensation: The salary range is between $65,000-70,000 (depending on experience), and an annual cost of living adjustment depends on budget. EBASE contributes 3% – 6% of employee salary towards the 401(k)-retirement plan and provides additional benefits valued at roughly $25,000 per year. It includes fully paid employee health insurance (medical, chiropractic, and acupuncture), generous vacation, sick leave, personal days, holidays, and training and professional development opportunities. EBASE provides an excellent working environment that encourages teamwork and recognizes high-quality work.
More information about East Bay Alliance for a Sustainable Economy may be found at: workingeastbay.org
This search is being led by Catherine Seneviratne of NPAG. Due to the pace of this search, candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Candidates may submit their cover letter, outlining their interest and qualifications, along with their resume via NPAG’s website.
EBASE is an affirmative action employer and strongly supports the social goals of affirmative action. Therefore, we make special efforts to recruit individuals from historically underrepresented groups in professional environments or suffer broader societal discrimination.
To apply for this job please visit npag.com.