Website Fòs Feminista
About Fòs Feminista
Fòs Feminista is as an intersectional feminist organization centered around the sexual and reproductive rights and needs of women, girls, and gender-diverse people. Led and governed by the Global South, Fòs Feminista works as an alliance of organizations in 40+ countries worldwide to advance sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice. As the connecting fabric of this alliance, Fòs Feminista orchestrates transnational and transregional action, amplifies partners’ work, and promotes South-South learning and collaboration toward achieving common objectives.
Together with our partners, we provide access to sexual and reproductive health care, including contraception, abortion, and care for victims of gender-based violence, and we reach young people with comprehensive sexuality education. We recognize that the ability of women, girls, and gender-diverse people to make free and informed choices about sexual and reproductive lives, including to access safe and legal abortion, is central to their life plans and to achieving gender and reproductive justice. As such, we are at the forefront of advocating for sexual and reproductive health and rights from an intersectional lens in national, regional, and global spaces, coordinating with our partners to ensure that diverse experiences, priorities, and voices of the Global South are represented in these spaces.
As Fòs Feminista expands our international feminist alliance, the Philanthropy Officer, Institutional Giving will contribute to deepening engagement with Fòs Feminista’s top donors and prospects and scaling up the resourcing for our growing number of partner organizations.
As a member of the Resource Mobilization & Digital Communications Unit, the Philanthropy Officer will be responsible for the strategic management of a portfolio of institutional donor relationships, with a primary focus on foundation donors. This team member will play a central role in enabling the submission of high-quality proposals, reports, and other donor communications, working in close collaboration with programmatic staff, organizational leadership, and Fòs Feminista partners.
The Philanthropy Officer will facilitate the cultivation of institutional donors in a way that both grows revenue and fosters authentic connection to the work of our partner organizations and the women, girls, and gender-diverse people they reach. In alignment with Fòs Feminista’s deepening commitment to feminist philanthropy, the Philanthropy Officer will infuse an intersectional feminist perspective into this critical fundraising work.
The Philanthropy Officer, Institutional Giving reports to the Associate Director of Philanthropy & Strategic Partnerships. This role may oversee consultants and interns as needed.
· Contribute to the achievement of annual organizational and team revenue goals.
· Deepen Fòs Feminista’s engagement with institutional donors by coordinating phone calls, meetings, visits, and ongoing written correspondence, in close collaboration with the Sustainable Ecosystem Unit, the Office of the CEO, Strategy & Impact, and the Global Advocacy for Change Unit.
· Lead the development of funding proposals, in close collaboration with other Fòs Feminista teams and partners, that advance strategic and innovative approaches within key areas of our intersectional feminist approach to sexual and reproductive health and rights.
· Co-create and engage in innovative approaches to proposal development, reporting, and donor communications. (storytelling, visual narratives, etc.)
· Identify opportunities to increase Fòs Feminista’s visibility and participation in key feminist and philanthropic spaces and initiatives, facilitating leadership engagement and representing Fòs Feminista in relevant conferences and meetings as needed.
· Support with administrative tasks such as comprehensive tracking of moves management and donor-related metrics, updating Salesforce and the library of donor proposals and grant agreements, drafting timely acknowledgement letters, and preparing research and briefs on prospective donors and new funding opportunities to facilitate decision-making.
Education and Qualifications
· A bachelor’s degree in non-profit management and fundraising, public health, gender studies, or a related field; a master’s degree is preferred.
· A minimum of 5 years of related professional experience, including significant experience working with organizations in the Global South.
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
· Passion for and solid understanding of sexual and reproductive health and rights through an intersectional feminist lens.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English and proficiency in at least one of Fòs Feminista’s other core languages (French, Portuguese, or Spanish).
· Proven ability to synthesize complex ideas and strategies into a clear and compelling case for donors, effectively matching the interests of donors to the priorities of Fòs Feminista’s alliance.
· Strong analytical skills and capacity for creativity and innovative thinking.
· Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of feminist movement building and philanthropy.
· Comfort working independently and as a team member with initiative and flexibility.
· High organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
· Strong commitment to anti-racism, equity, and social justice including a focus on self-awareness and engagement in continuous learning around issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required; familiarity with donor databases like Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, or other CRMs preferred.
Fòs Feminista is committed to ensuring that the health, rights and wellbeing of all children, young people, and vulnerable populations who work and engage with Fòs Feminista ’s Team Members and Associated Persons are respected and protected in their interactions with them and requires all its Team Members and Associated Persons to share this commitment.
The successful candidate must:
· Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding in the United States and the international context.
· Sign and adhere to Fòs Feminista’s International Safeguarding Policy and Safeguarding Code of Conduct, including the minimum operating standards for protection from sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
Location: The location of this position is remote and flexible, preferably in the Global South (Latin America & the Caribbean or Africa).
Fòs Feminista offers generous compensation consistent with competitive salaries and a benefits package that includes health coverage, life insurance, retirement benefits, paid sick and vacation leave, holidays, and flexible working arrangements. The proposed salary is as follows:
· US$72k for the US
· US$27k for the LAC region
· US$29.8k for the Africa region
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Fòs Feminista is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to advancing sexual and reproductive rights and health and dismantling inequities from a feminist intersectional lens. Reproductive justice, racial justice and diversity are driving forces for us.
Fòs Feminista provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, race, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital and partnership status, genetic information, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
At Fòs Feminista we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates the diverse voices and experiences of our employees. We strongly encourage applications from all kinds of backgrounds to build a diverse workforce in which all social and minority groups are represented.
While we strongly encourage all current and new employees to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, there is no vaccine requirement for employment with Fòs Feminista. However, it is our policy that employees must show proof of full vaccination in order to engage in any work-related travel or to attend any work-related in-person gatherings. As appropriate, reasonable accommodations will be made, including, for example, arrangements for employees to participate remotely in any relevant gatherings.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit fosfeminista.bamboohr.com.