Website Global Health Corps
WHO WE ARE
Global Health Corps (GHC) was founded on the belief that leadership is the greatest lever for change in global health. Our 13-month fellowship program places young professionals in high impact roles on the front lines of global health. United by the belief that health is a human right, we train our leaders to become more effective while also strengthening their ability to work together across borders and boundaries of all kinds to drive systemic change. Since 2009, we’ve been building a diverse community of health equity leaders –1100+ strong and counting – from 48 nationalities and currently working across Malawi, Zambia, Uganda, Rwanda and the US.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
At a time of organizational growth, GHC is investing in building out its development team. The Development Coordinator will have a front-row seat to all fundraising activities, including providing essential support to the CEO and development team in cultivating and stewarding relationships with donors. Reporting to the VP of Development, this is a great opportunity for an early-career development professional to join a growing global organization and build their fundraising knowledge and skillsets. Specifically, you will:
● Ensure effective and efficient development operations and donor relationship management through managing prospect and donor research, donor data management, and donor meeting preparation and follow-up.
● Ensure the CEO and VP of Development have the information and materials they need for donor interactions and that action items occur in a timely manner.
● Maintain accurate and timely upkeep donor records and track donor touchpoints in a Salesforce database. Track tasks and action items in Asana.
● Manage the gift and donor acknowledgment process in a timely manner.
● Support the Development Manager and Communications with special events and projects.
● Provide exceptional administrative support to the CEO, including managing the CEO’s calendar of internal and external meetings, organizing travel for donor-related meetings and trips, and processing invoices and receipts.
● Operate with a high attention to detail and responsiveness, curiosity to learn, discretion in handling confidential information, and cultural humility as a member of a multicultural team that works across the US and Africa.
WHO YOU ARE
● You are committed to GHC’s mission and values. You are inspired to be a part of a successful program that is building a movement for global health equity. You thrive on a close-knit team that values shared integrity, inclusive collaboration, sustainable resilience, and continuous learning.
● You are a proactive and energetic professional with eagerness to learn. You bring at least 2 years of professional experience in administrative, operations, or fundraising roles. You are excited to build your development knowledge and skillset.
● You are an excellent task manager with a commitment to personal accountability and follow-through. You succeed at managing multiple workstreams, with the ability to anticipate and meet the needs of others. You possess eagle-eye attention to detail, strong time management skills, and a commitment to high quality work product.
● You are a resourceful, flexible, and willing team player. You bring a “get it done” attitude and thrive in a highly entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment. You thrive in a collaborative “roll up your sleeves” environment and are willing to pitch in wherever needed.
● You are a tech savvy development operations expert. You are adept at the technical aspects of development, including prospect research, donor data management, and donor touchpoint tracking. You bring competency in CRM databases (Salesforce preferred.) Knowledge of Asana or other project management software is plus.
Competitive compensation with package with medical/dental/vision/life and short and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending, 18 paid vacation days, 10 sick days, 11 paid holidays, 401K plan, professional development stipend.
Global Health Corps is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or other characteristics or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
We embrace and value diverse skill sets and backgrounds. We are a community of leaders who are proud to represent many different national, racial, ethnic, socio-economic, religious, gender, and other identities. We represent varied professional backgrounds, collaborating across fields and sectors to form a powerful, close-knit network of changemakers. Our diversity as a community is our strength, driving our ability to be empathetic, visionary, and effective leaders in the health equity movement, and engage with the world with dignity and respect.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.