Website Grow Progress
Building cutting-edge persuasion technology for social good.
Grow Progress helps some of the largest progressive campaigns and consultants change the minds of more voters.
We’re looking for someone who wants to be part of a team that’s pioneering a new approach to persuasion: giving our customers the power to persuade more people based on how they think — not just how they look.
If you want to make a big social impact and grow your skill set by helping to conceive of and scale new products and projects from the ground up, we hope you’ll apply.
Who We Are
Grow Progress gives customers the power to persuade more people by tailoring their messages to match each audience member’s values. We help customers harness the latest persuasion science to create messaging that’s typically 200% to 500% more effective than their existing ads. We do this by predicting which personality traits and values are most important to each individual based on their digital footprints.
We’ve built powerful software that offers our customers unprecedented access to run scientific message tests quickly and affordably, so they can unlock the most effective messages. This capability powers campaigns, causes, and companies that make the world a better place. We currently work with many of the biggest Democratic pollsters, marketing agencies, advocacy groups, and labor unions in the country.
We’re a team of experienced campaigners, software engineers, and data scientists who are obsessed with harnessing the power of evidence to make social good advocates more effective. We’re ambitious, efficient, low-ego, and we like to make each other laugh.
Your primary responsibility will be to lead the successful delivery of some of the company’s most essential projects. You’ll develop an understanding of customer needs and deliverables, working directly with them and our data science and engineering teams to ensure we exceed their expectations. You’ll be organizing our team to meet goals stress-free and responsible for contributing specific components within these multifaceted projects.
Demand for our products and services has been growing quickly, and in this busy midterm campaign year, we need your help to ensure seamless delivery for our customers. You will be an expert in how our testing products and services operate, you’ll master how we make those tests happen, and break new ground that will enable us to build new and better.
As a startup, we expect there to be an opportunity for you to grow on the job and try new things. We’re open to your responsibilities expanding into a range of broader disciplines. That said, we also expect that project management will become more sophisticated and capable as we scale and envision you managing a team in the future.
Who We’re Looking For
As part of our team, you will:
- Utilize our proprietary software to create and manage research surveys
- Partner with our Data Science and Engineering teams to explore new use cases for our software
- Develop a robust understanding of the public opinion research industry and how Grow Progress can solve challenges customers face
- Successfully run, monitor, and troubleshoot a multitude of projects concurrently while ensuring a high level of quality across all studies with little to no supervision
- Coordinate with our sales, client strategy, data science, and product teams to articulate clear deliverables that realize client expectations, ensure seamless project execution, and inform continued product development
- Attend meetings and document action items where necessary. Ensure there is follow-up on all assigned action items
- Develop strong working relationships with external client personnel, anticipating client needs and ensuring high levels of customer service while adhering to client budget
- Work with customers to understand project needs, recommend optimal solutions, and coordinate with internal teams and external partners to successfully deliver projects
- Advocate internally for client needs
- Support ad hoc operations projects and lead new initiatives
- Build institutional knowledge by documenting project best practices, cross-training teammates, and developing a coverage process
- Everything else. It’s a startup!
You’ll bring the following skills and experience:
- Experience in a customer- or stakeholder-facing role involving the ability to manage multiple complex projects on deadlines
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate quantitative results clearly to non-technical audiences
- Strong time management, organization, and project management skills, with the ability to handle multiple workstreams, deadlines, and stakeholders
- Proactive mindset, anticipating what will be needed rather than requiring direction
- U.S. work authorization
- Progressive values and an interest in politics
You have some of the following bonus skills:
- Experience working with campaigns or advocacy organizations
- Ease with digital marketing and social media advertising platforms
- Knowledge of best practices in political science or psychology
- Experience creating slide decks and/or data visualizations for clients
- Familiarity with online survey platforms, market research tools, or market research vendors
The Hiring Process
Hiring for this position is completed in a few basic phases and we’ve designed the process to be quick and nimble depending on when you apply.
Please also keep in mind that each face-to-face interview below will be conducted over Zoom and will include time for you to ask the interviewer(s) questions about Grow Progress and the position. Towards the end of the process, you’ll have the opportunity to ask questions to other members of the team.
- Phase 1: Written Interview — a short take-home interview that is designed to assess your problem-solving skills and judgment in an unbiased way.
- Phase 2: Stakeholder Interview where you will meet with prospective colleagues and have a chance to tell us about how you approach challenges.
- Phase 3: Behavioral Interview with the hiring manager where all candidates will be asked the same ~10 questions.
- Phase 4: Final Interview with our CEO after which an offer may be made.
More About Grow Progress
We believe that inclusion and equity are the keys to a better future. We center these issues by creating accessible and affordable products, partnering with progressive organizations, and building transparency across our company.
We strive to foster belonging and empowerment at work and we continuously examine our efforts through our Growing Progress DEI&B working group. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, skills, and experiences. Our goal is to create a workplace where every person feels supported and encouraged to thrive.
Our culture is fun, fast-paced, and focused on evidence. We aim to cultivate an environment where data drives our decisions rather than just anecdotes, and where everyone feels comfortable contributing ideas — even if it’s on a topic outside of their expertise. We work hard to get smarter together by giving each other feedback that’s direct, actionable, and respectful. We’re deeply motivated by the work we do and committed to using this technology ethically, so we’re looking for teammates who feel the same way.
We are committed to building an equitable company. We’re an equal opportunity employer. Qualified people of all races, ethnicities, cultures, ages, sexes, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, languages, social class, marital status, religions, veteran status, and disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary Range: $55k – $75k plus equity, depending on skill level and experience. Company benefits include a company-sponsored health insurance plan (also dental and vision coverage), a flexible PTO plan, and a 401(k) with employer matching, among others.
Location: This position is remote within the United States. We do have an office in Washington, DC that you are welcome to join if you prefer to work onsite.
To Apply: Fill out the form at the link below. Please note that if you email your resume to our team directly or indicate interest on another job site rather than applying through the provided Grow Progress careers site link, you may not be considered for the position. No recruiters, please.
To apply for this job please visit growprogress.recruitee.com.