Website Grow Progress
Building cutting-edge persuasion technology for social good.
Grow Progress helps some of the largest progressive causes and consultants change the minds of more people.
We’re looking for someone who wants to be part of a team that’s pioneering a new approach to persuasion: giving our customers the power to persuade more people based on how they think — not just how they look.
If you want to make a big impact by spreading a new approach to persuasion, we hope you’ll apply.
Who We Are
We’ve built powerful software that offers our customers unprecedented access to run scientific message tests quickly and affordably, so they can unlock the most effective messages. This capability powers campaigns, causes, and companies that make the world a better place. We currently work with some of the biggest Democratic pollsters, marketing agencies, advocacy groups, and labor unions in the country.
Grow Progress gives our customers the power to persuade more people by tailoring their messages to match each audience member’s identity. We help customers harness the latest persuasion science to create messaging that’s typically 200% to 500% more effective than their existing ads. We do this by predicting which personality traits and values are most important to each individual based on their digital footprints.
We’re a team of experienced campaigners, storytellers, and data scientists who are obsessed with harnessing the power of evidence to make social good advocates more effective. We’re ambitious, efficient, low-ego, and we like to make each other laugh.
Our message testing technology is creating fundamental shifts in the way that strategists communicate their messages. This position will play a crucial role in the growth of this innovative approach to persuading more people.
As Sales Team Coordinator, you will provide a direct line of support to our CEO and Partnerships Manager, working closely with them to develop and execute strategies for ongoing lead generation. You will assist the Partnerships Manager in organizing, expanding, and providing feedback on our sales systems. You will also participate in high level sales calls with some of the top minds in the progressive movement in order to identify action items and manage our follow-up.
Demand for our product and services has been growing quickly, so we expect there to be an opportunity for you to grow on the job and try new things. As a fast-growing startup, we have a variety of additional operational and client facing needs where there’s additional opportunity for learning and for leadership. There is a clear path for development and promotion to an Account Executive on our sales team for the right candidate.
Who We’re Looking For
As part of our team, you will:
- Generate leads for the sales team through research, including organize and systemizing company connections through LinkedIn and other avenues to help execute our sales goals
- Send and respond to sales emails on leadership’s behalf, give after-sales support when requested
- Take an aggressive and growth-minded approach to getting in touch with prospects
- Coordinate sales team by communicating relevant information across departments and between clients
- Maintain and ensure the accuracy of sales-related materials and systems
Build institutional knowledge by documenting project best practices, pitfalls, etc.
- Monitor the team’s progress and propose improvements
- Assist our Customer Success team in invoicing customers and help transition clients to onboarding with accuracy and timeliness
- Support ad hoc projects and spearhead new initiatives
- A bit of everything else. It’s a startup!
You’ll bring the following skills and experience:
- Passion for and some experience with campaigns, advocacy groups, and/or survey research
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with a CRM highly preferred
- Meticulous online research capabilities
- Strong time management and organization skills, with the ability to handle multiple work streams and stakeholders with minimal supervision
- Proactive mindset, anticipating what will be needed rather than requiring direction
- Team player with the patience and adaptability needed in a fast paced and quickly growing environment
- US work authorization
- Progressive values and an interest in changing politics for the better
You have some of the following bonus skills:
- Experience working with campaigns or advocacy organizations
- Some experience in sales or supporting an executive team
- Experience organizing data within CRMs and other computer systems a huge plus (G-Suite, MS Office, Pipedrive, Hubspot, email marketing tools like MailChimp or Mailshake)
- Experience with or strong interest in learning about online marketing and research
- Interest in growing your career internally
More About Grow Progress
Our culture is fun, fast-paced, and focused on evidence. We aim to cultivate an environment where creative hypotheses and evidence drive our decisions rather than just anecdotes, and where everyone feels comfortable contributing ideas — even if it’s on a topic outside of their expertise. We work hard to get smarter together by giving each other feedback that’s direct, actionable, and respectful. We’re deeply motivated by the work we do and committed to using this technology ethically, so we’re looking for teammates who feel the same way.
We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse company. Qualified people of historically marginalized race, ethnicity, culture, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, social class, marital status, religion, veteran status, or disability status are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary Range: $45,000-$55,000, depending on experience
Location: Washington, DC or Remote
To Apply: Fill out the form at the link below. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis. Please note that if you email your resume to our team directly rather than applying through the link, you will not be considered for the position.
To apply for this job please visit growprogress.recruitee.com.