Website PA Coalition Against Domestic Violence
Do you have a passion for social justice and improving systems’ responses to victims of domestic violence? Are you someone who is invested in our vision that domestic violence can and must come to an end for the next generation? The Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence (PCADV) is dedicated to reducing, preventing, and educating the community about domestic violence. We are currently seeking a Health Education Specialist to enhance our ability to support programs and survivors in better understanding the impact of domestic violence on physical, mental and behavioral health.
The Health Education Specialist will also coordinate statewide efforts to train advocates and other professionals on the complexities of domestic violence as it relates to physical, mental, and behavioral health as well as any other trauma-related health issues; to analyze and make recommendations for improving public and administrative policy; to act as a resource person for public agencies, PCADV subcontractors, substance abuse programs, and mental health providers.
Duties will include:
- Collaboration with the PA Department of Health and other interested parties in develop resources for survivors that address protocol development, public awareness, data collection and training.
- Facilitate the development of relationships between agencies across PA.
- Identity resources and information for delivery of services on health and behavioral health programs addressing domestic violence.
- Research and write articles and materials that address best practices and the impact of domestic violence on a survivor’s health.
- Initiate, coordinate and facilitate on-going training for programs on the intersection of health, mental health, trauma and substance abuse.
To be considered for this role, you must possess at least a Bachelor’s degree well as at least one years’ experience in the health advocacy profession. Additionally, candidates should possess:
- Experience in developing and implementing professional training programs.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage stressful situations while still meeting deadlines with multiple assignments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including report writing and conducting effective presentations to a variety of audiences
This is a fast-paced, multi-faceted position that offers the exciting opportunity to support and guide a dynamic, mission-driven organization as a member of the PCADV’s team. PCADV offers very competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, including company-sponsored medical, dental, vision and a retirement plan with a company match.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.