Website EMILY's List
EMILY’s List the nation’s largest resource for women in politics
Independent Expenditure Political Desk – Program Manager
Reports to: WOMEN VOTE! Independent Expenditure Program Director Supervisory Responsibilities: none
FLSA Status: Exempt
Union Position: Yes
Cycle Position through December 31, 2022
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for a political desk – program manager to join our WOMEN VOTE! independent expenditures team. The WOMEN VOTE! political desk – program manager runs the day-to-day implementation and tracking of EMILY’s List independent expenditures in an assigned set of races.
At EMILY’s List, you’ll be part of a dynamic team committed to electing Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot. Read on for more details about the job and about EMILY’s List.
Application Requirement: Excel Benchmark
You will find instructions on the application page for a technology benchmark you must submit with your application. The recommended time to complete this task is 20 minutes. Please upload your completed Excel file with your application on the next page.
Essential Job Functions
● Be the independent expenditure-side go-to resource for detailed information on a set of assigned federal and non-federal campaigns;
● Research and track information like polling, campaign finances, TV competitives, election administration and press for assigned candidates, campaigns, and districts for internal organizational needs;
● Provide regular verbal and written updates and assessments on races to the independent expenditure team on developments in your assigned races;
● Assist in fact-checking program communications;
● Maintain program tracking system and calendar for all independent expenditure communications;
● Shepherd WOMEN VOTE! voter contact content and programs through internal and external processes;
● Represent the department on consultant calls and at coalition meetings; ● Assist with any other tasks, including scheduling of conference calls and meetings, as requested by the department;
● This position is likely to require some evening and weekend work leading up to key primary elections and election day in November.
● At least two cycles (4 years) of political or campaign experience, preferably in research, communications, or management;
● Proficient understanding and substantive experience with Microsoft Office systems. This is an Excel-heavy position;
● Excellent written and oral communication skills;
● Demonstrated sound political judgment;
● Applicants must be motivated self-starters, well-organized, detail-oriented and able to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment handling multiple assignments with tight deadline;
● Experience on independent expenditure work and/or paid media is a plus;
● All candidates should possess commitment and passion to elect Democratic pro-choice Women, as well as a commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff.
The salary range for this position is $62,000 to $70,000 and comes with a comprehensive benefits package. The starting pay for this position is equal to others at the same level throughout the organization. To apply, visit our jobs site to upload your resume, Excel benchmark, and fill out an application. Applications received by 11/22/21 will be given priority. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly. No calls, please.
Our office is based in Washington, DC. All positions are currently working remotely due to the pandemic.
About EMILY’s List
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, has raised over $700 million to elect Democratic pro-choice women candidates. With a grassroots community of over five million members, EMILY’s List helps Democratic women win competitive campaigns – across the country and up and down the ballot – by recruiting and training candidates, supporting and helping build strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, running nearly $50 million in independent expenditures in the last cycle alone, and turning out women voters and voters of color to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect the country’s first woman as vice president, 157 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 16 governors, and more than 1,300 women to
state and local office. More than 40 percent of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. After the 2016 election, more than 60,000 women reached out to EMILY’s List about running for office laying the groundwork for
the next decade of candidates for local, state, and national offices. In our effort to elect more women in offices across the country, we have created our Run to Win program, expanded our training program, including a Training Center online, and trained thousands of women.
EMILY’s List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
EMILY’s List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person holding this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. EMILY’s List reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.