Website Institute for Women's Policy Research
The Institute for Women’s Policy Research (IWPR) is the nation’s preeminent think tank committed to achieving economic equity for women and eliminating structural and institutional barriers to women’s full participation in the workforce and society.
IWPR’s mission is to build knowledge and evidence to support policies that help grow women’s economic power and influence in society, close inequality gaps, and improve the economic security and well-being of girls, women, and families. We generate the ideas that build power and economic equity for all women.
Statement on Racial Equity and Intersectionality
At IWPR, we believe social and economic mobility in the United States is determined and influenced by race, ethnicity, class, gender identity, sexual orientation, and other markers of difference. In working to achieve economic equity and to better understand the experiences of all women in the workforce and in society, we use both racial equity and intersectional frameworks in our research and analysis to help generate strategies and solutions that are grounded in the economic realities of women and families. We also prioritize building an inclusive and welcoming work environment that values the diverse perspectives and experiences of staff in its research and efforts to improve gender and racial equity.
The Senior Data Analyst at IWPR is responsible for developing and managing IWPR’s robust and timely public opinion research program to support our evidence-based research, aimed at shifting public narratives and informing public policy recommendations at the state and federal levels. They will be responsible for designing and conducting surveys and producing results and analysis; producing high-quality reports, briefs and fact sheets based on survey findings; identifying opportunities and trends for high impact; performing weighting, modeling, and other statistical procedures common to public opinion survey research.
The ideal candidate is an innovative, forward-thinking, experienced, and collaborative leader. They have the ability to produce high-level research in a timely manner with an eye towards shifting policy landscapes and opportunities. They also have experience with translating research for broad audiences through op-eds, blogs, reports, briefing papers, or other similar mediums.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategy, Vision, and Leadership
- Develop a programmatic strategy and implement a cohesive opinion research program focused on IWPR priority research areas and interests;
- Identify and assess emerging research gaps in the field and potential innovations and opportunities for IWPR; and
- Represent IWPR at high-level convenings, conferences and meetings.
- Ability to design and create survey samples, and field surveys;
- Knowledge of scientific survey research methodology, including sampling, questionnaire design, weighting, and cross-tabular analysis. Applied experience in statistical programming for survey data or other large data systems;
- Knowledge of statistical programming;
- Ability to perform advanced, complex quantitative data analysis of large datasets and trends, utilizing network science and/or other statistical methods, including creating data visuals; developing, programing, and fielding online surveys; and conducting interviews and focus groups;
- Familiarity and experience conducting research and/or policy analysis on issues related to poverty and income inequality, the wealth gap, the wage gap and pay equity, women’s and family economic security, quality jobs, and/or educational equity and access;
- Strong attention to detail in quantitative analysis and reporting;
- Manage and monitor the survey interview and data-gathering process; and
- Ability to write high quality working papers, reports and presentations based on the data work and analysis.
- Strong program and project management skills, and ability to manage multiple deadlines and competing demands;
- Experience managing junior and mid-level level research and program staff;
- Work with IWPR’s communications department to publicize findings and connect to key audiences to maximize the impact of research and policy recommendations, including drafting social media content;
- Organize meetings, convenings and webinars on survey findings and topics related to women’s economic security, reproductive health, education, and civic engagement and participation, among other topics.
Other Professional and Personal Qualities
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including presentation skills;
- Superior problem-solving, managerial, and interpersonal skills;
- Effective, versatile, and action oriented; and
- Ability to work well under pressure with tight deadlines and multiple priorities.
Education and Experience
PhD preferred, with three years of experience managing high-level projects and programs, or Master’s Degree with at least 7 years of experience in a related field (e.g., math, Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, or Social Science related field).
$95,000 to $115,000 and will be commensurate with experience. IWPR provides competitive salaries and a generous benefits package.
Individuals from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. IWPR is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Vaccine Policy: IWPR has made the safety of our staff and our surrounding community a top priority. As part of that commitment, IWPR recently implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. This policy states that all IWPR employees, interns, fellows, (i.e.- IWPR staff) are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. IWPR will require selected candidates to submit proof of complete vaccination against COVID-19 prior to extending a job offer. If a candidate has a qualifying medical condition that contraindicates a Covid-19 vaccination, a medical exemption form should be requested from Human Resources.
To apply for this job please visit iwpr.applytojob.com.