Who We Are
At IREX we strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people and communities thrive.
But around the globe, persistent poverty, repression, and injustice prevent too many people form achieving their full potential.
To address these problems, we focus on people, not on vaccines, roads, or wells. We support individuals and institutions to create change in their own communities—and to create person to person bridges between nations. IREX works with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
The Recruiter will work in coordination with the IREX Human Resources team on both domestic and international recruitments. They will source, recruit, and attract a diverse pool of qualified /capable talent for the organization The incumbent will be the primary point of contact during the onboarding phase of the newly hired employee and will serve as a trusted on-boarding advisor for managers, using a consultative approach to ensure a positive on boarding experience. The Recruiter will complete full cycle recruitment efforts for the organization.
We are doers. Our decades of on-the-ground experience help us create greater impact, practical recommendations, and lasting partnerships.
Are you the next member of our team?
Background & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, business management or related field.
- 6+ years of experience recruiting candidates and maintaining an applicant tracking database; international recruiting experience highly preferred.
- Experience using an applicant tracking system, Ultipro preferred.
- Prior experience or familiarity with using LinkedIn, Devex, Facebook, and other social recruiting platforms; experience cold-calling, and other sourcing mechanisms to identify candidates is preferred.
- Prior experience with HR and onboarding is required.
- Experience training hiring managers in a global environment.
- Experience working in a high volume and fast paced global environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics.
- Highly organized, results oriented with ability to successfully work in a growing organization with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to work in a data-driven metrics environment.
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
Your Daily Tasks
- Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process.
- Partners with hiring managers to identify requirements and understand business needs; build strong relationships with hiring team.
- Attends/participates in job fairs and recruiting sessions. Screen applications and select qualified candidates.
- Completes full cycle recruitment.
- Responsible for new hire orientation & onboarding for all US-based employees’ field-based expats and TCN’s.
- Schedules interviews; oversee preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
- Assists with the interview process, attend and conduct interviews with managers, directors, and other stakeholders.
- Manages candidate communication and salary expectations throughout the recruitment lifecycle and educate candidates about IREX’s culture, benefits, and position expectations.
- Communicates clearly and concisely both orally and in writing, and lead presentations, training courses, and effective meetings is required.
- Collaborates with the hiring manager and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending start dates, and other pertinent details.
- Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization.
- Assists with job posting and advertisement processes.
- Develops knowledge of the NGO and international development sector to ensure competitiveness in hiring.
- Handles manager’s budget/salary specifics throughout the recruitment lifecycle.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, as well as organization policies.
- Completes all recruitment activities including setting proper expectations with programs, projects, and hiring managers.
- Completes all on-boarding activities for new hires, rehires and transfers, and ensures proper pre-employment documentation is completed, including accurate entry of data into HRIS system.
- Continually assesses effectiveness of the recruitment/onboarding processes, researching best practices, conducting new hire, and hiring manager feedback surveys and utilizing data to refine/improve processes.
IREX will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments of 2008.
We conduct background checks on all successful candidates.
This position is eligible for Telework.
This position is not eligible for Immigration Sponsorship.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.
All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.