Who We Are
At IREX we strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people and communities thrive.
But around the globe, persistent poverty, repression, and injustice prevent too many people form achieving their full potential. To address these problems, we focus on people, not on vaccines, roads, or wells. We support individuals and institutions to create change in their own communities—and to create person to person bridges between nations.
IREX works with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
IREX seeks a collaborative, empathetic and adaptable Senior Development Officer to engage in private sector fundraising and partnership development. They will lead small proposal efforts and support large proposal efforts while also engaging in partner building activities at increasing levels of autonomy. The Senior Development Officer will support the overall implementation of the Annual Strategic Partnerships Plan and provide occasional support to the East Africa Country Representative. They will also carry out administrative duties and tasks to support data management and analysis, budget and financial tasks, and report/presentation development.
We are doers. Our decades of on-the-ground experience help us create greater impact, practical recommendations, and lasting partnerships.
Are you the next member of our team?
Your Background & Skills
- A Bachelor’s degree
- At least three years of professional experience in relevant sectors, including previous experience in fundraising, business development and/or partner development
- Proven experience managing multiple administrative tasks in a demanding, time sensitive work environment
- Experience conducting research and ability to proficiently articulate and synthesize findings
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills including problem solving, conflict resolution, and a demonstrated ability to hold self and assigned staff accountable for quality outputs and results
- Excellent computer and data management skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with or willingness to develop capacity in Salesforce or other CRM
- Professionalism in written correspondence and strong oral communication skills; able to produce final draft quality communication and documents in a timely manner
- Demonstrated growth and learning mindset
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
Your Daily Tasks
- Assists with the implementation of the Annual Strategic Partnerships Plan
- Identify funding and partnership opportunities through research, competitive landscape analysis and other engagement methods
- Ensures the Strategic Partnerships Unit evaluates its work and measures the achievement of intended results through data collection and analysis.
- Support the proposal process, by managing and or leading specific proposal tasks; research, write assigned sections, budget checks and initial budget conversations, contribute to proposal strategy and design and lead/co-lead review meetings
- Identify and cultivate partnerships/relationships with individual, corporate and foundation donors nationally and globally
- Accurately perform financial administration tasks
- Proactively support IREX’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) efforts
- Represent IREX and the Strategic Partnerships Unit interests both within and outside of IREX
- Other duties as assigned
IREX will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments of 2008.
Successful candidates are subject to background screenings.
This position is eligible for Telework. The eligible employee is a regular, full-time DC-based staff who works from a worksite outside the DC office for one or more days a week.
This position is not eligible for Immigration Sponsorship.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.
All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. AA/EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.