The Institute for Women’s Policy Research (IWPR) is the nation’s preeminent think tank committed to achieving economic equity for women and eliminating structural and institutional barriers to women’s full participation in the workforce and society.
IWPR’s mission is to build knowledge and evidence to support policies that help grow women’s economic power and influence in society, close inequality gaps, and improve the economic security and well-being of girls, women, and families. We generate the ideas that build power and economic equity for all women.
Statement on Racial Equity and Intersectionality
At IWPR, we believe social and economic mobility in the United States is determined and influenced by race, ethnicity, class, gender identity, sexual orientation, and other markers of difference. In working to achieve economic equity and to better understand the experiences of all women in the workforce and in society, we use both racial equity and intersectional frameworks in our research and analysis to help generate strategies and solutions that are grounded in the economic realities of women and families.
We also prioritize building an inclusive and welcoming work environment that values the diverse perspectives and experiences of all staff.
IWPR seeks an Advancement Associate to support a growing fundraising team. Reporting to the Vice President, Advancement & Philanthropic Engagement the Advancement Associate will manage the Donor Care Services for IWPR and support the needs of the Advancement Team to provide excellent support both internally and externally.
· The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial, goal-oriented, and detail-oriented with a positive attitude. They are also familiar with current fundraising practices and platforms. They will also have excellent writing and communication skills as well as strong problem-solving abilities.
This position is full-time and non-exempt, and based in Washington, DC.
Support Vision for and Manage Execution of Advancement Team
· Monitors and responds to external inquiries for fundraising support and donor inquiries through the [email protected] inbox.
· Ensuring all donor data is captured in our CRM and files are impeccably maintained
· Work cross-departmentally to ensure strong collaboration between the Advancement Team and Research, Policy, Communications and the Office of the President on all donor-related projects and programs
· Support day-to-day scheduling, note-taking, and planning needs of VP and Advancement Team
Other Professional and Personal Qualities
Motivated by working in an environment where we live into our mission and core values daily;
Skilled at listening, learning, and creatively finding resolutions while maintaining the highest level of personal and professional integrity and maintaining confidential information;
Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across the organization;
Ability to work well under pressure with tight deadlines and multiple priorities;
Ideal candidates may also demonstrate the following preferred qualifications:
· You bring a positive attitude and an interest in working on a fundraising team, preferably in the non-profit sector and/or in a mission-driven organization
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required.
$50,000 to $54,000 and will be commensurate with experience. IWPR provides competitive salaries and a generous benefits package.
To apply for this job please visit iwpr.applytojob.com.