Kim Janey for Mayor
About Mayor Janey
A fourth-generation Roxbury resident, Kim Janey is a mother, grandmother, sister and daughter. She built her career as a longtime education advocate and non-profit leader. In 2017, she was elected to the Boston City Council, becoming the first woman to represent District 7.
Position: Finance Intern
The campaign is seeking driven, creative, and organized individuals. Finance Interns will be a valuable part of our campaign team and will play a critical role in executing our fundraising program. You will gain first-hand campaign experience, work directly with our finance leadership team, and receive training and coaching from campaign staff.
Interns will work closely with the Finance Director and finance staff to:
● Support event planning and logistics, like writing emails, making phone calls, sending texts, staffing check in for events.
● Assist with data entry and database management
● Help with research and list building
● Must be comfortable making phone calls, speaking with donors, and taking contributions in person and over the phone
● Coordinate volunteers to assist with database management
● Staff events and candidate
● Pick up checks, helping with thank you mail, and various office tasks as they come up
While no previous campaign experience is required for the intern position, we value creativity, political and technological savvy, and a shared commitment to economic, racial, and social justice.
We are able to offer $15 per hour to our interns. Our campaign is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, parental status, or disability. This position is
eligible for remote work but living in the Greater Boston Area is preferred. We strongly encourage women, people of color, and LGBTQ+ candidates to apply. Interviews will begin immediately. To apply send your
resume and short description of why you are interested in this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.