Working to end sexual assault in Maryland
MCASA is Maryland’s sexual assault coalition and includes the State’s certified rape crisis centers and other organizations and individuals concerned with ending sexual violence. MCASA includes a legal division, SALI (the Sexual Assault Legal Institute), and a Program Division which includes training, technical assistance, and prevention designed to respond to and end sexual violence in the state of Maryland. MCASA’s Grants & Data Specialist is part of a two-person team providing the operational support that helps MCASA help sexual assault survivors. The Grants & Data Specialist supports grants management and coordination, and coordinates data management for the agency. They work closely with all senior staff.
We believe we cannot successfully serve others if we do not take care of ourselves. MCASA staff are encouraged to practice self-care and are supported in finding a positive work-life balance. This position, along with the rest of the agency, will entail significant virtual work and allows for flexible scheduling. Most staff are working virtually and laptops and supplies are provided. MCASA does not anticipate resuming full-time in office work, however, there may be occasional meetings in person.
Compensation: Upper 40’s DOE
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure compliance with grant objectives, goals, collection of data and reporting requirements, including by creating schedules and setting deadlines for staff responsible for writing reports.
- Help prepare grant reports by supporting direct services staff. Assist with consistent presentation of information, including data and performance measures. Identify changes in funder requirements and help ensure staff response.
- File reports with state, federal, and private entities using online grants management systems.
- Assist with development of grant applications, including reviewing grant solicitations as directed, gathering components, ensuring all required information is addressed. File and track completed applications.
- Manage data needed for grant reports, grant applications, or other reasons. Problem solve with staff to ensure efficient and consistent data collection. Compile information on trainings and meetings attended and provided by all staff. Work with the Legal Server database compiling and analyzing case-related data for the Sexual Assault Legal Institute.
- Coordinate activities and internal communications regarding grants management between MCASA’s two Divisions: the Sexual Assault Legal Institute and the Program Division. Prevent duplication of efforts and identify areas of mutual support.
- Problem solve with colleagues to identify the best approach to grant reporting requirements and other administrative issues, balancing data needed with limited staff time and resources.
- Assist with H/R coordination and communication.
- Prioritize and fulfill responsibilities in accordance with available funding and grant requirements.
- Commitment to complying with PPE recommendations including wearing a mask, social distancing, and sanitation. Flexibility to work off-site or on-site.
- Such other duties as assigned by Executive Director & Counsel
- Commitment to ending sexual violence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in non-profit management, business, accounting, English, or other discipline requiring both writing and working with numbers. Substantial experience coupled with Associate’s Degree may provide equivalent.
- Attention to detail and problem solving important. Comfortable working with numbers and drafting written materials.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills. Ability to communicate in person, by phone, via email, and in writing required. Ability to communicate with other professionals in a variety of disciplines (law, public health, education, etc.)
- Knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
- Familiarity with or ability to learn LegalServer, and various grant management systems required by government and private funders.
- Multi-tasking skills and ability to meet tight deadlines for multiple congruent projects while working under pressure.
- Access to a car and valid driver’s license; this position requires occasional travel within Maryland. Out of state travel may be required to attend national trainings.
- Ability to work remotely (equipment is provided by agency). Ability to work in office in Silver Spring Maryland when public health recommendations permit.
- Fluent in English.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Commitment to Diversity
MCASA is an equal opportunity employer. Its policy of nondiscrimination means that all employment decisions will be based on merit and without regard to factors unrelated to job performance, such as ethnicity, creed, marital status, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, and physical, emotional or mental capacity.
To apply: Send resume & cover letter to [email protected] with “Grants & Data Specialist” and your name in subject line. No phone calls, please. Applications will be considered as received and applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Start date is ASAP.
To apply for this job please visit mcasa.org.