Website MIT Solve
Solve is an initiative of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) with a mission to solve world challenges. Solve is a marketplace for social impact innovation. Through open innovation Challenges, Solve finds incredible tech-based social entrepreneurs all around the world. Solve then brings together MIT’s innovation ecosystem and a community of Members to fund and support these entrepreneurs to help them drive lasting, transformational impact.
Joining the Solve team offers a unique opportunity to be part of a passionate and entrepreneurial team, and work at the heart of innovation in a thriving inclusive environment. At Solve, we drive innovation to solve world challenges and support social entrepreneurs and social impact leaders in advancing their work.
MIT Solve is seeking a Community Officer to be a key member of our health and wellbeing work, and join the wider Community Team that hosts Solve’s Global Challenges around Sustainability, Health, Learning, and Economic Prosperity. This is an exciting opportunity to play a central role in growing and engaging Solve’s rich community and marketplace. This includes our hundred member organizations like the Gates Foundation, Pfizer, Americares and more; leading voices from the private, public, nonprofit, and academic sectors; as well as the social entrepreneurs—Solver teams—that Solve selects and supports. The Officer will build relationships with this wide range of people and organizations, help design and facilitate interactive events of various sizes, and help drive and scale tech-enabled innovation on some of the most pressing challenges of our times such as: access to quality and affordable healthcare, mental wellbeing, health security, and more.
- Research, recruit, and manage relationships with private, public, nonprofit, and academic people and organizations on health-related topics to nurture a global community of diverse cross-sector leaders.
- Source funders, members and partners to support Solve, which includes hosting sponsored events, funding Solver teams, and participating in Solve’s full innovation cycle.
- Support an annual cohort of innovators, through curated introductions, cohort meetups, event design and delivery, as well as ongoing support for alumni teams. Facilitate and broker partnerships between Solver teams and Solve Community leaders to advance the growth of selected solutions.
- Collect and validate data to understand innovators’ needs, track program and innovations impact, and inform program design decisions.
- Work with colleagues across Solve to plan, execute, and facilitate events that bring the community together physically and virtually. This includes Solve’s flagship events as well as smaller community programming to support Solver teams and impact Global Challenges.
- Promote annual Solve Global Challenges across the Solve Community and extensive global networks to find the most promising diverse applicants.
- Maintain and update Customer Relations Management databases.
- Report to the Senior Officer, Health Community.
- Manage interns and volunteers as needed.
Requires Skills & Background
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in related area including relationship management
- Able to plan work efficiently to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible, able to work independently and take initiative
- Bachelor’s degree.
Beneficial Skills & Background
- Knowledge and/or experience in the health and healthcare sector globally
- Experience in social and/or environmental impact organization
- Experience in sales, fundraising or nonprofit development
- Experience working as or with entrepreneurs and innovators
- Project management training or experience.
As an MIT Solve employee, you are eligible for a number of benefits, perks, and discounts, including:
- $50/month cell phone bill reimbursement
- Transportation: Free, unlimited subway and local bus use, and subsidies for MBTA station parking and the commuter rail; Subsidized annual BlueBikes membership ($40, regularly $99); MIT Bicycle Commuter Reimbursement Program (up to $300/year)
- Free access: Institute of Contemporary Art, Museum of Fine Arts, Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, and more
- Tuition assistance: Up to $5,250 per calendar year for eligible employees
- Time Off: 12 paid holidays and special Institute holidays (including Juneteeth and Patriots’ Day). 3 weeks of paid vacation your first year; 4 weeks after your first year
- Retirement: MIT Pension Plan with full vesting after 3 years; MIT will match up to 5% of your pay in contributions to the 401(k) Plan
- Healthcare: comprehensive healthcare coverage, including fitness reimbursements through enrollment in an MIT medical plan and a number of free counseling sessions through MIT MyLife Services
MIT Solve is committed to inclusion and diversity to build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more diverse our team is, the better we can achieve our mission of solving world challenges.
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
To apply: Please visit web.mit.edu/jobs, reference ##20093-7. No phone calls or recruiters, please.
To apply for this job please visit solve.mit.edu.