Website Mothers Out Front
Mobilizing for a livable climate
Reports to: Sr. Director of Operations
About Mothers Out Front
Mothers Out Front builds our power as mothers to ensure a livable climate for all children. We are growing a multi-racial, cross-class, intergenerational movement of mothers, grandmothers, and caregivers dedicated to convincing elected officials and business leaders to work for a swift, complete, and just transition away from fossil fuels to clean and renewable energy. We know that mothers have an important role to play in the climate justice movement, and, when it comes to protecting children, mothers are an unstoppable force for change. Our goal is simple: to enable mothers to take active leadership in climate justice work by providing the structure, training, and tools for them to work together and win campaigns in their communities, cities, and states.
About the Role
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced individual to join our team as the Operations Associate. As the Operations Associate, you will provide essential support to the Sr. Director of Operations. This role is crucial in ensuring the smooth operation of the organization by handling a wide range of administrative and operational tasks. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented, organized, and proactive individual with a strong commitment to our mission.
What You’ll Do
- Assist the Sr. Director of Operations with day-to-day administrative tasks, such as scheduling, correspondence, and document management.
- Support the Finance Manager in managing financial records, invoices, and expense tracking.
- Assist in preparing financial reports and budget documents as needed.
- Collaborate with the Sr. Director of Operations in HR-related tasks, including onboarding, employee record maintenance, and benefits administration.
- Coordinate office supplies, equipment, and technology, ensuring a well-organized and efficient remote workplace.
- Support event planning and logistics for meetings, conferences, and team-building activities.
- Maintain and update databases and spreadsheets to ensure accurate and accessible information for the team.
- Provide assistance on special projects and initiatives for the Sr. Director of Operations.
What You Will Need
- Experience: At least 2 years of operations, finance, HR and/or people and culture-related experience, with experience in a nonprofit setting preferred.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills: A track record of managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders and keeping documents schedules organized.
- Attention to detail: A demonstrated track record of attention to detail in all tasks
- Strong Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and empathetically with people from diverse backgrounds and lived experiences.
- Solutions-focused mindset: A commitment to identifying and solving problems proactively and seeking opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Commitment to social justice, diversity, and inclusion: Demonstrates a strong commitment to social justice and actively works to dismantle systems of oppression, including racism, sexism, misogyny, classism, ableism, homophobia, xenophobia, and other forms of discrimination.
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to working with people from a variety of ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds, as well as varying religious, educational, generational, and gender identity backgrounds.Location: Mothers Out Front is a fully remote organization. Candidates can be based anywhere in the U.S. and will work from a home office. This is a full-time position.
Salary and Benefits: The salary range for this role is $55,000 – $65,000, depending on experience. Benefits include health and dental coverage, a 401(k) plan, flexible spending plan, paid vacation, holidays, sick days, and support for remote work set-up. We offer ongoing training opportunities, a fast-paced, dynamic, supportive, and collaborative setting and we are proudly women-led!
The deadline to apply is Monday, February 19, 2024. This search is being supported by NRG Consulting Group. Please contact [email protected] with any questions.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Reasonable Accommodation
Mothers Out Front is an equal opportunity employer committed to anti-racism and anti-discrimination internally and externally. We value the lived experiences of a diverse workforce and expect staff to be committed to building an inclusive culture. The organization encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, record of arrest or conviction and any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please e-mail [email protected]. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.
To apply for this job please visit mothersoutfront.applytojob.com.