Director of Talent and Organization Development (Remote)
Full-time, Exempt, Regular • Competitive Pay • Excellent Benefits • Work from Anywhere in the Contiguous U.S.
Apply here: https://grnh.se/9d4114cd1us
Application deadline: Wednesday, November 17th, 2021 at 6pm EST
MoveOn is a diverse and vibrant community of millions of people working together to create progressive change in America. We are an innovative campaigning organization that supports people throughout the country to take action through driving impactful campaigns that influence the behavior of people and institutions, shape the outcomes of elections, and expand the realities of what’s possible. We organize to challenge entrenched power, while pursuing economic, racial, and social justice and a vision of a country in which everyone can thrive.
MoveOn has a vital role to play in securing progress during the Biden-Harris administration, and in organizing the grassroots to set up election wins in 2021, 2022, and beyond. We are building a powerful, multiracial, and economic populistmovement, and fighting for progress on health care, climate, racial justice and more. In service of that mission, in 2021 and beyond, MoveOn will drive impactful, movement-connected, multichannel, nimble campaigns aimed at impact.
Director of Talent and Organizational Development
MoveOn is hiring a Director of Talent and Organizational Development to help drive forward its urgent and important mission, and as MoveOn continues to expand the size of its high-performing team of leaders. Since 2014 MoveOn has grown from a staff of 25 full-time regular employees to 90+, with significant additional expansions during election years.
The Director of Talent and Organizational Development is responsible for the management and execution of strategic and day-to-day human resources and organizational development initiatives to improve our employees’ experience across people processes and throughout the employee lifecycle. This position will also be responsible for executing organizational-wide initiatives that foster diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) in our talent and retention practices and organizational culture. This position will report directly to the Director of People.
Duties and Responsibilities
Recruitment and Hiring
- Oversee and execute robust hiring and onboarding processes that ensure we hire the best candidates and are setting them up for success as they enter the organization — this will include working with hiring managers in writing job descriptions, sourcing, conducting phone screens and/or overseeing recruitment consultants to do these, designing and running the interview process, facilitating decision-making meetings, and seeing the process through to an accepted offer.
- Create a warm and transparent experience for job applicants for all roles.
- Maintain Greenhouse, our Applicant Tracking System.
- Bring a strong equity lens and processes to our hiring and onboarding decisions at every stage in the process to ensure diverse candidate pools and great hires.
- Coach and support hiring managers throughout the hiring process, as well as give them feedback as it relates to hiring, decision-making, and equity.
- Continuously build the candidate pipeline — including networking with other organizations, and doing informational interviews with strong potential candidates; develop prospecting systems to manage and track these candidates.
- Analyze sourcing and recruitment to determine the most effective and cost effective strategies.
Onboarding and Offboarding
- Manage the “employee side” of onboarding process for new employees, working with hiring managers to ensure there is a 30-60-90-day plan and review process that set-up new hires for success
- Facilitate some of the training programs for new hires.
- Develop a supportive offboarding program for temporary staff, including resume or job coaching and helping tap into staff networks to connect to new roles.
- Handle exit interviews with all offboarding staff.
- Regularly review our onboarding and offboarding processes and make changes that improve employee experience when necessary.
- Provide coaching and support to managers and staff in connecting organizational goals with individual work plans to encourage greater staff ownership over achievements.
Coach managers on how they supervise, review performance, encourage collaboration, and how they can positively impact organizational culture.
Develop and implement organizational-wide HR and OD policies and procedures that are rooted in DEI and anti-oppression.
- Work with managers and staff at all levels to further develop overall capability to foster a healthy, cohesive, collaborative, fun, fair and equitable workplace.
- Work with the Director of People in conducting organizational-wide learning needs assessment and designing learning and development programs. When necessary, facilitate learning and development programs for managers and staff.
- Measure employee engagement and implement initiatives that foster a culture of excellence, well-being, equity and inclusion.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Director of People.
- Act as back-up in the absence of the Director of People.
Prior experience and success working in Human Resources and Organizational Development (HROD) for not-for-profit organizations.
Strong understanding of Federal, State and local employment laws.
Prior experience in operationalizing DEI and/or anti-oppressive principles and practices in HROD.
Strong employee relations experience, including management and staff coaching.
Detail-oriented and organized project management experience — this role will manage multiple hiring processes simultaneously without letting anything fall through the cracks.
Experience managing cross-organizational work, including giving feedback to staff who are not within your line management.
Experience managing and leading a group of consultants or staff member(s)
This position is remote so someone who takes initiative, is self-directed and highly self-aware is a must.
Proven track record filling hard-to-fill roles
Experience overseeing high volume recruitment
Experience working with progressive not-for-profit organizations.
Reports to: Director of People
Location: Position may be based anywhere in the contiguous United States. May require occasional travel.
Salary and Benefits: At MoveOn, we commit to equity in our compensation philosophy and practices. We are committed to equal pay for equal work. To counter systemic compensation issues in this country and pay inequality, we have a nonnegotiable compensation practice. We utilize benchmarking and peer organization data to ensure we provide competitive nonprofit compensation and benefits. The annual salary for this position is $103,230.45. In addition to the base salary, we offer a monthly home office subsidy. We also offer an internet and phone subsidy of $2,100 annually and a health and wellness subsidy of $900 annually. All of these cash benefits are added to your bimonthly paycheck. We offer strong medical, dental, and vision benefits, which are free to employees and children of employees (spouses or domestic partners can be added at a subsidized rate). We offer employer-paid premiums for life insurance; four weeks accrued paid vacation time per year, prorated for the period that you work; 18 weeks of paid parental leave (birth, adoption, foster care placement of a child), 10 days accrued paid sick time prorated for the period that you work; paid family medical leave; and 8 staff holidays and 6 floating holidays. We contribute 5% to your 401(k) after six months of employment. We also offer $1K in professional development budget each year for each staff member.
MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.