Website Nobel Women's Initiative
PROGRAMMES AND MONITORING, EVALUATION, LEARNING
Are you committed to peace and looking for an opportunity to advance work on women, feminist peace and security? Do you have program and MEL experience? Nobel Women’s Initiative is seeking a Programs and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Coordinator.
Nobel Women’s Initiative uses the prestige of the Nobel Peace Prize and courageous women peace laureates to increase the power and visibility of women’s movements working globally for peace, justice and equality. We work to strengthen and expand feminist efforts to promote nonviolent solutions to war, violence and militarism. The Initiative is led by Nobel peace laureates Jody Williams (USA), Shirin Ebadi (Iran), Rigoberta Menchú Tum (Guatemala), Leymah Gbowee (Liberia), and Tawakkol Karman (Yemen).
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Program and Monitoring Evaluation Learning (MEL) Coordinator will support Nobel Women’s Initiative programming and reporting. They will refine and manage monitoring, evaluation, and learning supports both for the organization and its funded projects.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide support for Nobel Women’s Initiative’s Monitoring Evaluation Learning (MEL) work at both the organizational and project levels, including:
- MEL planning. Work-planning for the staff team;
- Production of tools to assist staff and/or consultants in their shared responsibilities for MEL data harvesting- i.e. indicator guides, etc.;
- Support the development of progress indicators and targets;
- Organizing staff/consultant MEL learning and training;
- Providing support for the development and deployment of quantitative and qualitative MEL tools;
- Conducting data analysis;
- Supporting project activity learning, reflection sessions and reporting; and
- Produce regular narrative reports as required by work-planning, project grant contracts, and manage grant reporting cycles.
· Coordinate program work including partnerships and implementation of activities in accordance with work-plans, goals and grant obligations.
· Manage grant proposal-writing projects including developing timelines, proposal deliverables, collection of required documentation for the submission of grant and project proposals and assisting with the writing of grant and project proposals.
· Seek out grant opportunities aligned with the Nobel Women’s Initiative’s values and strategic plan.
· Collaborate with the Operations and Finance Coordinator to ensure sound financial management of project grants.
We are looking for a dynamic professional who is ready to work closely and collaboratively with a small team, someone who is resourceful, experienced and takes initiative.
We seek someone who shares our values, and commitment to the vision—someone with a passion for women’s rights, peace, equality and justice and a belief that organizations and individuals can change the world.
The successful candidate will have a combination of:
● Experience working in these areas: peace, feminism, gender equality, and disarmament, particularly related to Women, Peace and Security.
● Solid knowledge and experience with Results Based Management and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning frameworks.
● Excellent skills in analysis, communications and data.
● Strong collaborative skills and ability to organize work with others.
● Fluency in English. Other language skills are preferred (especially Arabic, Spanish, or French).
● Graduate degree preferable in one or more of the following fields: law, gender, women’s rights, peace, international relations, human rights, social sciences or related disciplines.
● Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience with prior experience in NGOs, international and/or campaign organizations a plus.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, including a competitive benefits package.
Contract: Permanent, full-time (5 days per week)
Please send a cover letter (in the body of the email) explaining your motivation in applying for this position and why you are perfect for it, CV and a short writing sample to [email protected] with ‘Coordinator: Programmes and Monitoring, Evaluation Learning’ in the subject line. Only complete applications will be considered.
CLOSING DATE: 11:59 pm EST July 31, 2022
START DATE: September 2022
We thank all those who apply but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
ABOUT THE NOBEL WOMEN’S INITIATIVE:
Nobel Women’s Initiative uses the prestige of the Nobel Peace Prize and courageous women peace laureates to magnify the power and visibility of women working in countries around the world for peace, justice and equality.
NWI is committed to diversity and inclusion. It especially welcomes applications from members of racialized communities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities and with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier-free.
For more information about Nobel Women’s Initiative and our team, please visit www.nobelwomensinitiative.org.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org