The Texas Democratic Party is seeking a highly motivated Organizing Director with a strong digital organizing experience to help ensure Democratic victories across the state. This role incorporates the management of an organizing program and the successful execution of registration, persuasion, early vote and Get Out the Vote, including volunteer recruitment, grassroots phonebanks, and other engagement efforts with the distributed director. Experience with digital programs and organizing is a requirement for this job.
The Organizing Director is responsible for all aspects of the organizing program in the state, including creating and executing an organizing plan that meets volunteer recruitment and voter contact goals, and arms organizers with the tools and training they need to incorporate digital organizing tools in their organizing work. This is not a traditional job, and you should expect to propose new ideas and tactics for connecting with our supporters and voters.
- Develop and implement an innovative statewide organizing program and manage programs in a non contact environment to meet our DVC and turnout goals
- Propose new tactics and platforms to connect with volunteers and voters in the state
- Work with the distributed, data and HQ teams to accomplish the goals of the statewide program and test new ideas
- Manage a growing team that is adaptable to new organizing tactics
- Work with state leadership team and distributed director to develop volunteer management program
- Approve copy for text messages, call scripts, social media and manage digital volunteer recruitment tools, including events and volunteer form pages
- Work with training director to implement and deliver trainings on digital organizing tools and programs
- Duties as assigned by Coordinated Campaign Director
- At least one cycle of senior-level campaign experience, particularly related to field programs and/or volunteer-based outreach programs
- ATwo or more cycles of digital organizing experience
- AExperience writing for an organization or candidate on digital platforms preferred
- AGoals-oriented and self-disciplined; able to meet tight deadlines and multitask
- AStrong commitment to Democratic politics and ideals and enthusiasm for electing Democrats up and down the ballot.
- AExperience building, managing, and growing teams
- AExcellent interpersonal and communication skills
- ATrain organizing staff to coach volunteers to become leaders and take on more responsibility for the Texas Democratic Party
- A reliable laptop
- A reliable cell phone
- Experience managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Cycle working with a cross-functional team
- Candidates with distributed organizing experience or experience building relationships on digital spaces such as Facebook groups, Whatsapp and community management platforms are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary: Commensurate to experience
How to apply:txdem.co/apply-od