Website Panorama Global
If you think you have what it takes but don’t necessarily meet every single point listed below, please apply – you could be exactly who we are looking for!
The Director of the Image-Based Abuse and Online Safety Initiative will be responsible for building partnerships and mobilizing efforts towards the vision of a world where no one experiences the enduring trauma that results from image-based abuse and other types of online harm.
This is a role for a master doer and self-starter, ideally someone who has demonstrated experience in building successful programs across a national and/or international context. The successful candidate will utilize advocacy and network building as engines for enduring change in policy and outcomes, always centering the lived experiences and voices of survivors of image-based abuse and other online harms. The Director likely has facilitation and convening experience in a multi-stakeholder environment and is known for driving impact through collective action.
The Director is a visionary and a strategic network builder, but with depth of experience in program management, including operational, budgetary, and strategic experience. The position reports to the Vice President of Programs at Panorama.
Panorama is a platform for social change dedicated to solving the world’s most intractable problems. Our goal is to maximize social impact by partnering with visionary leaders to codevelop solutions with audacious thinking and bold action. We serve as an intermediary, a philanthropic advisor to foundations and high-net-worth individuals, a grant-maker through collaborative funds, a fiscal sponsor and backbone organization to new and ongoing initiatives, and a consultancy offering strategic counsel and tactical support on social impact projects.
At Panorama, our global, cross-sector partners are at the center of our work, and we tailor our approach to meet their individual needs. Our team works on strategy development, communications and advocacy, resource mobilization, organizational design, and fiscal sponsorship. Our projects tackle a wide range of societal issues including, but not limited to, pandemic preparedness, vaccines, gender equity, mental health, and the climate crises.
Established in 2017, Panorama Global is a diverse team of aspirational thinkers with the know-how to get things done in a fast-paced and flexible environment. Over the last five years, we have grown from a team of 5 to a team of 40+, with over $34.5M in funds under management.
As the Director, Image-Based Abuse and Online Safety Initiative:
- You are a pragmatic organizer and systems thinker. You have experience building networks and coalitions across cultures and geographies, and you understand how to cultivate supportive space for long-time activists, organizers, survivor leaders, and non-profit leaders to build and think big together.
- You are diplomatic and strategic. You have experience in successful advocacy within national or international contexts. You’re known as someone who brings people together to accomplish big things. You can keep a macro strategy in mind and see the different steps needed to work towards it.
- You understand utilizing different levers to reach your objective. You understand the value of bringing in a mix of tactics – from coalition management to policy advocacy to celebrity voice to corporate engagement – at different points of time to reach an objective toward your broader goal.
- You can build from scratch. You probably have entrepreneurial or startup experience, and you’re comfortable with ambiguity, fluidity, and multiple paths forward in a dynamic environment.
- You are a big thinker who can dive into the details. You understand that in order to make a bold vision happen, you also have to be able to deliver on the small stuff. You’re comfortable pitching a potential donor in the morning and pivoting to budget tracking in the afternoon. You see all of it as a contribution.
- You are humble. You’re consistently seen as someone who uplifts and amplifies the work of others, you approach your work with a spirit of service, and you believe in the power of collaboration and partnerships.
- You are trauma informed. You’ve worked alongside survivors of abuse and/or harm, and you employ strategies that demonstrate empathy, awareness, and compassion. You are staunchly anti-abuse and committed to violence-free relationships.
- You are tech savvy. You’re well-versed in understanding new tech and the wide-ranging impact of technology on society. You may have previously worked in support of online trust and safety programs.
- You uphold the highest standards of integrity, boundaries, and honesty. You’re known for doing what’s right, even when the incentives push you towards what’s easy.
Inspirational and Effective Community Organizing
- Engage as an active thought partner to existing organizations combating issues related to online harms and image-based abuse to support them in solving challenges and assessing opportunities. Facilitate cross-sector coordination and partnership-building with the goal of enhancing the field and collective agenda overall.
- Mobilize, invigorate, and accelerate the impact of existing organizations and activists working across this field of work by identifying and pursuing opportunities for collaborative projects and joint advocacy as well as providing additional convening and organizing capacity.
- Conceptualize, organize and host convenings and working groups with partner organizations to strengthen relationships across organizations and opportunities for collaborative projects.
Program Strategy, Execution, and Management
- Lead, create, and execute a strategic plan that identifies key priority initiatives based on collaborative work with existing organizations and thought leaders.
- Track and analyze key global and national policy developments and trends relevant to the field of online harms and image-based abuse.
- Design and lead strategic communications projects in partnership with existing organizations that help to inform the broader public about online harms image-based abuse and draw in additional stakeholders and champions.
- Informed by leadership from partners and community organizers, work with the Panorama team to create and manage a program budget, in alignment with the strategic plan.
Donor Stewardship and Stakeholder Engagement
- Attract and cultivate new donors for this growing field and issue area.
- Maintain and steward existing donor and funder relationships.
- Draw on a high level of emotional intelligence and political savvy to navigate different stakeholders’ interests and motivations, build consensus where possible, and create opportunities for collaborative work.
- Create opportunities between existing organizations and thought leaders for joint policy advocacy and mobilization, at a national and state level.
- Utilize your knowledge of trust and safety programs and issues to facilitate opportunities for partnerships and engagement with businesses, including leading tech companies.
- Experience in global network/coalition building, facilitation, community organizing, and consensus building work.
- Demonstrated success in public sector advocacy, ideally for a social impact mission or campaign.
- Experience in cooperatively crafting vision and strategy across different stakeholders and sectors.
- Experience with various aspects of trust, safety, fraud, and abuse in technology and media.
- Experience in content policy, anti-abuse, and reviewing online content.
- Program management, budgeting, forecasting, and impact measurement experience; ideally in progressive responsibility and scale over time.
- Adept in data synthesis, knowledge creation, and storytelling, especially as related to advocacy, donor cultivation, and public sentiment.
- Experience working for or collaborating with various types of organizations, including corporations, foundations, multilateral agencies, and international NGOs.
- Experience supporting survivors of abuse and/or violence, including work in gender-based violence a plus.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; other language proficiencies welcomed.
This position is available on a fully remote basis within the United States. Willingness to travel occasionally.
Salary and Benefits
The starting salary for this position is $120,000 alongside a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 90-100% employer-paid monthly premiums for employee-only medical coverage depending on individual plan selection and 15% employer-paid contribution toward dependent coverage premiums
- 99% employer-paid monthly premiums for employee-only dental and vision coverage (family members can be added at employee cost)
- 100% employer paid monthly premiums for life insurance, short-term disability, and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Flexible spending account options for health, dependent care, and transit
- 401(k) safe harbor plan with non-elective 3% employer contribution
- Employer subsidized wellness membership with ClassPass
- Up to $500/year per employee in matching contributions to eligible 501(c)(3) charitable organizations
- 3 weeks/year of paid vacation, accrued sick leave, 9 company observed + 3 floating holidays (for 2022) + other paid time off for volunteering, jury duty, and bereavement
- Flexibility to work from home anywhere in the U.S. (we provide the technology)
- Commitment to professional development and growth
How to Apply
We’re excited to hear from you! Interested candidates, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without cover letters will not be considered; please use this as an opportunity to convey why the field of image-based abuse and online safety speaks to you, as well as your direct experience working to build networks.
Applications received by 5:00pm PT on January 5th, 2022 will receive priority review.
Panorama is committed to creating a diverse team and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We know that representation matters in the workplace and with our partners; to that end we are committed to a hiring process grounded in equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, citizenship or immigration status, national origin, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, political ideology, the presence of any physical, mental, or sensory disability, age, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Panorama complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Nicole Travis, HR Generalist, at email@example.com.
Panorama Global is tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Panorama participates in the federal E-Verify system. All candidates should review the E-Verify Participation and Right to Work posters for more information.
Final offer will be contingent on successful background check.