Website Panorama Global
If you think you have what it takes but don’t necessarily meet every single point listed below, please apply – you could be exactly who we are looking for!
Panorama is a platform for social change dedicated to solving the world’s most intractable problems. Our goal is to maximize social impact by partnering with visionary leaders, social entrepreneurs, nonprofit organizations, and the private sector to codevelop solutions with audacious thinking, radical collaboration, and bold action. Panorama’s value proposition is helping partners to operate in smarter, more impactful, and more efficient ways.
The Panorama Group is a community of organizations that includes:
- Panorama Global, a social impact nonprofit that empowers changemakers through radical collaboration,
- Panorama Strategy, a social purpose consultancy that accelerates progress for clients through audacious thinking, and
- Panorama Action, which mobilizes voices and resources through bold action.
Panorama Global is looking for an experienced and results-driven Senior Business Operations Manager to align Panorama’s business systems strategy to departmental and organizational objectives. The manager will act as a strategic partner to ensure we have the right technology, security, and processes in place for the smooth functioning and continued growth of the organization. This role will also oversee the maintenance, configuration, reliable operations, and security of Panorama’s systems.
The successful candidate will have a strong track record in developing and executing a systems and security strategy according to business needs and objectives, as well as implementing and maintaining systems and processes that enable employees to work efficiently, securely, and seamlessly across a variety of platforms.
This exempt, full time position reports to the Director, Business Strategy and Operations. This position is available on a fully remote basis within the United States.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage Panorama’s suite of business software applications that are used for grantmaking, website content management, timekeeping, payroll, accounting, performance management, project management, recruiting, and more.
- Review and evaluate systems needs across the organization and make recommendations for new or updated systems that meet business objectives.
- Configure Salesforce NPSP to fit business needs including managing user permissions, workflows, integrations, and Experience Cloud.
- Lead the review and selection process for any new system implementation including researching options, determining criteria, and managing implementation and integration with existing systems.
Cybersecurity & Risk Management
- As the cyber security threat landscape evolves, and in partnership with a managed IT service provider, lead in developing and recommending strategies to improve upon Panorama’s security. Stay up to date on best practices for protecting against cyber risks.
- Respond to second-tier user requests for assistance, triaging and coordinating with external IT support as needed.
- Coordinate with external IT support on risk mitigation and IT compliance.
Leadership & Management
- Collaborate on the development of an internal knowledge management and governance strategy deployed through Microsoft SharePoint.
- Optimize processes and lead process improvement.
- Lead team-wide training and create internal “how-to” process documentation and manuals.
- Supervise the Office and Operations Coordinator and oversee daily systems administration and management of hardware inventory.
Typical Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience with 5+ years of relevant experience in non-profit operations or managing enterprise systems and technology architecture
- Experience managing organizational cybersecurity plans, risk assessment and management, and responding to security incidents
- Working knowledge of nonprofit operations and software systems to support programs and fundraising
- Supervisory experience
- Experience working directly with end users and translating technical requirements for non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to think critically and solve problems
- Certified Salesforce Administrator or equivalent experience including NPSP, Outbound Funds, Flow/Process Builder, Experience Cloud, SSO, Apsona
- Experience with Tableau, Microsoft 365 and Asana, and knowledge of software integration tools like Zapier
- Experience with website hosting, DNS, and content management applications
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team with minimal supervision and come up with creative solutions
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and handle simultaneous assignments while adapting to changing deadlines, personalities, priorities, and workflow with success and accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and Panorama’s values.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, non-profit administration or other relevant fields, or equivalent work experience
- Additional language proficiencies welcomed
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Compensation & Benefits
The starting salary for this position is $105,000 annually alongside a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 90-100% employer-paid monthly premiums for employee-only medical coverage depending on individual plan selection and 15% employer-paid contribution toward dependent coverage premiums
- 99% employer-paid monthly premiums for employee-only dental and vision coverage (family members can be added at employee cost),
- Flexible spending account options for health, dependent care, and transit
- 100% employer-paid monthly premiums for life insurance, short-term disability, and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) safe harbor plan with non-elective 3% employer contribution
- Employer subsidized wellness membership with ClassPass
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Program which includes employee + dependent access to counseling services of up to 6 sessions per issue
- Up to $500/year per employee in matching contributions to eligible 501(c)(3) charitable organizations.
- Flexible paid time off
- Employer-sponsored supplemental paid family medical leave benefit of up to 16 weeks after 90 days of consecutive employment
- Flexibility to work from home anywhere in the U.S. (we provide the technology)
- Commitment to professional development and growth
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and optional cover letter on our Careers Page portal.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with priority consideration given to applications received by Wednesday, September 14 at 5pm PDT.
Panorama is committed to creating a diverse team and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We know that representation matters in the workplace and with our partners; to that end we are committed to a hiring process grounded in equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, citizenship or immigration status, national origin, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, political ideology, the presence of any physical, mental, or sensory disability, age, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Panorama complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People & Culture team at [email protected].
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Panorama participates in the federal E-Verify system. All candidates should review the E-Verify Participation and Right to Work posters for more information.
Final offer will be contingent on the completion of a successful background check.