Website Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence
Prevention. Intervention. Change.
Do you have a passion for social justice and improving systems’ responses to victims of domestic violence?
Are you someone who is invested in our vision that domestic violence can and must come to an end for the next generation?
If this describes you, please read on…
The Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence (PCADV) is dedicated to reducing, preventing, and educating the community about domestic violence. We are currently seeking a Community Engagement Specialist to assist Program Services. This position reports to the Housing Advocacy & Policy Manager.
You will be responsible for:
· PROVIDING ongoing Technical Assistance to domestic violence programs on the development and implementation of trauma informed and DV Housing – First oriented housing services, especially landlord engagement, coordination with affordable housing providers and developers, and other community supports for Rapid Rehousing.
· TRACKING & ANALYZING data from member programs and statewide housing systems to identify gaps in service, informing PCADV’s housing strategy, regional and statewide needs, and support for member programs, specifically as it relates to community engagement.
· DEVELOPING & MAINTAINING resources specific to systemic responses to domestic violence and housing. Participate in development of curricula, training tools and written materials, including manuals, model policies, procedures and protocols and white papers as identified in the strategic plan and by constituents.
· COLLABORATING with Managers and staff to develop and implement an annual Training and Technical Assistance (“TA”) Plan assuring the plan is aligned with PCADV’s strategic plan, state and national emerging issues, best practices and the needs of PCADV constituents.
· PROVIDING training and TA to other stakeholders on housing policy and practices pertaining to domestic violence survivors. Facilitate collaboration among various stakeholders including building relationships that connect member programs to housing systems.
· DEVELOPING & IMPLEMENTING a landlord engagement strategy to support landlord relationships across the Commonwealth.
· ENGAGE with public housing authorities proactively and in response to support requests from member programs.
· COLLECTING & ANALYZING research related to low-income housing tax credit (LIHTC) development focused on domestic violence survivors and develop a plan to support implementation of LIHTC within interested communities across PA.
· REPRESENTING PCADV on various boards and task forces, as needed. Implement additional projects of service to member programs, as needed. Complete programmatic and grant reports, as required.
What qualifies me to be considered:
· Five years’ relevant experience
· A 4-year degree OR relevant combination of experience and education is required
· Prior experience working in a domestic violence program
· Specific experience with Rapid Rehousing, or other HUD Continuum of Care and/or Emergency Services Grant programs, Public Housing Authorities and Low-Income Tax Credit development strongly preferred
*Note: This position is mostly remote. Facilitation of some in-person responsibilities may be required.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit pcadvjobs.prevueaps.com.