Paid Leave for the United States
PL+US: Paid Leave for the US is hiring a Digital Campaigns Associate to support our fast-growing network fighting to win paid family leave for everyone in the United States.
In just four short years, PL+US has won family leave for nearly 8 million people and tripled in size. We’ve won change at some of the top employers in the country, including Walmart and Starbucks, and we’re taking that momentum into the fight to win national public policy.
Join our team of diverse, collaborative, motivated campaigners as we fight to win paid family leave for everyone in the United States.
About this opportunity
The Digital Campaigns Associate supports the teams digital strategies through the production of campaign and organizational related digital needs. The DA will work in collaboration with the Digital Campaigns Manager, Campaigns Team, and Communications Team to support high impact campaigns across the corporate, legislative and political spheres. The role focuses on content development and production and supporting the maintenance and security of our digital platforms.
You are the ideal candidate for this role if you:
- love the challenge of a fast-paced environment and come with a creative, solutions-oriented attitude.
- are a strong writer and content creator, who can generate inclusive and diverse stories for our supporters
- have a passion to win paid and medical leave for everyone
- Bonus if you have work or volunteer experience in organizing with non-profits, political campaigns, unions or similar issue advocacy groups.
To be successful in the role, you’ll need:
- 2+ years experience in digital campaigns with political or non-profit advocacy groups
- Proficiency with HTML and CSS
- Strong project management skills
- Working knowledge of modern CRM systems (EveryAction preferred, but NGPVAN?, ActionNetwork, ActionKit, NationBuilder, etc acceptable)
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Canva or other tools used to rapidly create images from existing assets for social media use
- Clear understanding of accessibility best practices (alt tags, subtitles, image descriptions, etc) for web content publication
In this role you will:
- Support the Campaigns team in developing digital campaigns, coordinating on the strategy, drafting copy, building landing pages, creating supporter actions (petitions) across the c3 and c4 orgs
- Support campaign development across in-house and partner channels – including email, social, SMS, peer-to-peer texting, digital advertising to generate campaign growth and action, and cross-posting to partner channels like MoveOn, Care2, Change, Co-Worker, etc.
- Develop content and digital assets in rapid response environment: quickly produce emails, web pages, social media, video scripts, and related collateral
- Identify opportunities and collaborations to grow email supporter base/Coordinate with the Corporate, Legislative and Political teams to source campaigns that drive organizational goals
- Identify trends through data analysis to guide digital organizing campaign strategy
- Report and analyze digital campaign results and integrate findings in future campaigns; Use email performance and learnings to create an adaptable program that engages supporters;
Content Production & Supporter Engagement
- Strong writer and editor who can draft compelling content for the website and social media channels using storytelling, education-awareness, and calls to action
- In collaboration with internal and external teams maintain up to date content calendar that reflects our most current priorities;
- Manage website updates and multiple social media channels and pages, including moderating comments and messages on social properties, including providing links for supporters to key resources
- Cross posting campaigns to partner channels (MoveOn, Care2 etc) as needed;
- Clone or develop action pages, landing pages, information pages as needed;
- Support Facebook or Instagram Live and Webinars as needed;
- Page/Data/SEO hygiene for content that needs to be retired or updated;
- Ensure consistency in developing tracking links, Google Analytics Goals,and systems required to effectively review the effectiveness of our effort;
- Create and schedule reports and at a glance dashboards within our CRM EveryAction
Other duties as required, including content productions (email, social media, petitions) for rapid response moments.
Reports to: Apollo Gonzales, Digital Grassroots Engagement Director
What success looks like:
- The Digital Associate has been successful when the organization as a whole is well informed about the content schedule, supporters have been answered or directed to the right resource for their needs, and our digital properties are healthy and tracking properly. Additionally, success is determined when the Digital Associate has provided rapid response capacity to effectively and successfully launch timely campaigns.
This is a full time position. You can be based anywhere in the U.S. with a major airport that has direct flights to San Francisco, Washington D.C., and New York City.
$55,250-$65,000 depending on experience and qualifications
Some of the Benefits of Working for PL+US
- Join an awesome team of high impact, low ego people who are in it to win.
- Flexible work schedule. If you need to leave early to pick up your kid from school or bring your mom to the doctor, that’s cool.
- Up to 6 months of paid family leave, as well as health, dental, and vision insurance (up to $850/month when you enroll in our plans).
- Generous time off. Unlimited vacation, 12 paid holidays, and we all take the week between Christmas and New Years off.
- Retirement accounts. We offer a 401(k) since we want you to retire one day.
- Commuter benefits program, medical and dependent care FSA program, and employer-paid life and disability insurance.
PL+US is deeply committed to diversity. We strongly encourage people of color, first-generation Americans, people with caregiving responsibilities, people with disabilities, and members of the queer community to apply.
PL+US is an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don’t discriminate against people because of their race, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, personal appearance, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, or political affiliation.