Website Home Builders Institute Inc
HBI is currently seeking a Regional Career Development Coordinator.
In this role, you will:
• Provide day-to-day supervision of HBI PACT programs as assigned. Collaborate with the Regional Program or Operations Manager in the interviewing, hiring and training of instructors. Supports instructors by maintaining a detailed schedule of student activities for each day of the week.
• Provides training and technical assistance to staff on operational issues such as program policies, recordkeeping, risk management and contract compliance, requiring the use of judgment and the interpretation of HBI and agency policies, rules, procedures and ordinances to assigned programs.
• Monitors HBI/WTE shops for safety and suitability to ensure quality training environments.
• Coordinates activities and cooperation between HBI, state government agencies, local workforce systems, off-site community-based organizations, local trade associations and others.
• Maintains HBI database and project files, ensuring that all are accurate and current.
• Oversees classes, including curriculum, program design and outreach and recruitment, becoming acquainted with participants, assisting instructors or participants with problems.
• Collaborates with instructors and students to determine job readiness of all students, such as completion of Skills Achievement Records (SAR), individual performance goals and employability plans.
• Creates and maintains relationships with local trade associations, community partners, contractors, and vendors, and establishes a database of employment opportunities
• Assists with oversight of training activities for each program. Assists with oversight of budget expenditures for each program. Reviews all statistical, narrative and financial reports, as required, and submits to the Regional Program/Operations Manager and HBI.
• Participates and presents at conferences, builders’ shows, and other related meetings and activities.
• Works closely with the RPC in fulfilling the placement and follow-up needs of programs as applicable. Assists other RCDC’s, when possible, in job development and placement responsibilities for students as applicable.
• May be required to fulfill the role of manager and/or instructor during the absence of individuals working in these positions.
• Domestic travel as required in-state and out –of state (up to 35% annually).
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Regional Program/Operations Manager.
• BA/BS in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
• A minimum of three years of experience in career development or a related role is needed. Previous placement experience is preferred.
• Knowledge of construction trades preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Completion of OSHA-500 training course and various training-related certifications preferred.
• Work and/or involvement with hard to serve individuals preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with a wide variety of individuals, including government, industry, trade associations, labor organizations, journey, and master-level craftspeople and instructors.
• Experience with personal computer software including databases and Microsoft Office.
• Ability to handle confidential information.
• Must possess a current valid state driver’s license.
HBI offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
HBI is proud to announce that we use The Diana Screen® to protect the children and teens that we serve.
The Diana Screen® is administered to all applicants seeking positions of trust with children and teens to help ensure that ethical boundaries between children and adults are maintained. At HBI, the safety and protection of the youth who have been entrusted to us is our #1 priority. By completing The Diana Screen® you are helping to make HBI as safe as possible for children and teens. We thank you.
For more information about The Diana Screen® please visit www.DianaScreen.com.
HBI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.