Website Home Builders Institute Inc
Under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager, assists with and coordinates the day-to-day activities, projects, instructional operations, job development, and placement for the PACT Programs. This position will attend statewide meetings representing HBI and will support the development program initiatives.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinates activities and cooperation between HBI program partners, off-site community-based organizations, project construction contractors and their subcontractors and others.
• Fosters a positive working relationship with and between funders, program partners, and other personnel.
• Serves as HBI’s liaison and spokesperson to program partners.
• Assists instructors with identifying community service project opportunities that enhance the learning experience of the students.
• Provides employability skills training to participants, contacts prospective employers, and develops job opportunities for graduates.
• Works closely with WTE team members in fulfilling placement and follow-up needs of programs as applicable with documentation.
• Regularly communicates with the National Placement Manager and peers in other regions for job development and placement opportunities for students relocating to other areas.
• Places students in employment as required by contractual guidelines.
• Conducts periodic follow-ups on students’ progress after the initial job placement.
• Develops job/career placement opportunities for all PACT Graduates.
• Places PACT graduates in full-time employment with industry related focus.
• Develops contacts, facilitates classroom visits and disseminates information to builders, contractors, and related businesses.
• Observes training classes and assists instructors when needed to include curriculum and program design, becoming acquainted with participants, assisting instructors or participants with problems.
• Implements and participates in outreach and recruitment strategies.
• Plans, supervises and participates in group orientations and small group interviews, introducing prospective students to the program.
• Approves and submits statistical reports, as required, to Operations Manager.
• Supervises employment follow-up for program graduates.
• Assists instructors with distribution and inventory of tools, materials and equipment to students.
• Collaborates with NPM and other RCDCs Nationwide to connect the most opportunities available to all HBI Military Graduates
• Recruits screens and selects the most appropriate students for the program to ensure contractual obligations are satisfied.
• Maintains accurate and current program files.
• Ensures compliance with contractual requirements.
• Ensures compliance with applicable HBI quality standards.
• Represents HBI at conferences, functions, and meetings with an eye towards program development.
• Depending on program or funder requirements, may need to complete Protective Action Response training, an extensive criminal background screening, and/or a workplace productivity assessment.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager or designee.
Internal: Communicates with the Associate Vice President, Operations Manager, National Placement Manager, Regional Program Manager, Instructors and other RCDC’s
External: Communicates with program partners, funders, Home Builders Associations and other partner agencies, employers, and community non-profit organizations.
Bachelor’s degree in a human services or related field, or equivalent education, training and work experience.
• Minimum of three years’ experience in career development, counseling, and/or project/program management.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with a wide variety of individuals, including government, industry, trade associations, labor organizations, journey and master-level crafts people, managers and instructors.
• Budget oversight and development experience preferred.
• Proficiency in MS Office required.
• Excellent supervisory skills including hiring, coaching, staff development, discipline, and performance management.
• Knowledge of the construction trades preferred.
• Work and/or involvement with job placement for hard-to-serve individuals, preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Usual office-type working conditions. Routine physical conditions include walking, carrying, standing, hearing/listening and sitting.
Note: All new hires may be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination status.
HBI offers a competitive salary and benefits program.
HBI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/1w6yP6tk2BgnSgr8tMNab
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.