RepresentUs brings together conservatives, progressives, and eve
RepresentUs is the nation’s leading right-left anti-corruption organization. We bring together conservatives, progressives, and everyone in between to secure crucial victories that are defending our Republic and fixing America’s corrupt political system.
But what it means for you, potential coworker, is that you feel what we feel when you wake up every day: a strong sense of purpose that binds you to the spirit of this nation, and an overwhelming sense that you should do something about it. And you want to work with people who feel the same. RepresentUs is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and we push ourselves to push the envelope—to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
Democracy is for all, and at RepresentUs, so is our workplace. That’s why we’re an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to evolving our staff and board to reflect the full diversity of America and the communities we aim to serve. As we seek the best of the best to join our ranks, we welcome applications from all walks of life (including but not limited to BIPOC/people of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates) because we know that our democracy-building work has greater impact when we center diverse backgrounds, perspectives and ideologies. Once on the team, we encourage our teammates to bring their whole selves to work. We’re continually working to increase our cultural awareness, strengthen our approach to equity, and foster a climate of inclusion in all that we do. We invite you to belong with us! Read our statement on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion here.
We have passed 124 Anti-Corruption Acts and Resolutions in cities & states across the country (and counting!) Come win with us!
About The Role
Under the direction of the Senior Director of Donor Relations, the Senior Major Gift Officer will lead partnership and relationship building on a national level. This position will play a key role in developing and managing a portfolio of 150+ donors/prospects, each with an estimated capacity to give $50,000 or more. A key aspect in this role is to launch a giving program for members who give $50.000+ for three years with a goal of 100 members at an average gift of $100,000.
This Officer will identify and qualify prospects from our robust pool of donors, create a moves strategy to build these relationships and bring this gift to fruition. There will be a large amount of ownership and autonomy in these efforts. This role will spend a significant amount of time directly interacting with donors and helping donors fulfill their passions and interests through their funding decisions.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Prospect and strengthen external partnerships and relationships for donors at a capacity of $50,000+.
- Creatively lead, build and maintain relationships with high level donors through phone, virtual, and in-person meetings with existing and potential high-level donors.
- Strategically design and execute comprehensive plans for each donor/prospect in the portfolio to include moves management in order to meet annual goals
- Partner with senior and program staff and/or volunteers on donor engagement opportunities.
- Work cross-functionally to assist development efforts i.e., partner with events manager to generate attendance.
- Work with the appropriate staff to secure project information and use this information to develop materials directed at individual donors/prospects, such as highly personalized proposals that are in line with donor interests and programmatic priorities, stewardship reports that detail progress made as a result of a particular gift, etc.
- Track portfolio activity and progress. Create reports as required by management that accurately reflect portfolio activity and performance.
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Donor Relations and the fundraising team to build and best leverage relationships based on donor interests and assist in driving the Senior Director’s portfolio.
- Work East Coast hours.
Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of Major Gifts Officer experience, or another highly similar role
- 5+ years of experience working in fundraising
- 5+ years of experience working with a CRM
- Experience bringing in gifts $100k+
- Well versed in moves management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with high level donors
- Great interpersonal and emotional intelligence skills
- Must be able to adapt or modify plans, timelines or processes in response to changing circumstances
- A team player who brings high energy and a passion for reducing corruption and increasing citizen engagement in the U.S. political system
RepresentUs is committed to supporting employees of varying abilities and to providing reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to thrive at RepresentUs.
The requirements of this role, related to its physical demands, described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
All employees must be able to operate a computer and use a cell phone. For roles that include frequent business travel expectations, we can discuss reasonable alternatives to travel in some instances. Most roles also require communicating with key external stakeholders of the organization in person, via the telephone, or via email. Applicants with questions about accommodations may request to speak with our ADA liaison at ADA@represent.us.
Essential functions of the role include:
• Working from a computer for long periods of time;
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may also frequently be required to communicate using the telephone, email, and in person with stakeholders; and
• This position has up to 40% travel expectations (less if you’re located in metro NYC) and is eligible for flexible work hour arrangements.
Compensation and Benefits
We’re committed to bringing in top talent from all sectors. Accordingly, we offer competitive salaries and pretty awesome benefits, including health, dental, vision, a health reimbursement account, wellness perks, a dependent care account, a health concierge benefit, a $1,500 professional development stipend, and a retirement benefit. Plus disability and life insurance.
Oh, and we have this wild idea that we’ll do better work if we have time to see our friends and families, so we get four weeks of paid vacation a year, plus personal and sick time.
The annual salary range for the Senior Major Gift Officer position is $90,000-100,000.
1. Initial phone screen
2. First group interview with Development leadership team
3. Second group interview with Development team
4. Final interview with a key supporter
5. Reference checks
6. Offer from HR
Please apply online and be sure to attach all requested materials. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for this position, they may request it in writing by emailing ADA@represent.us. No phone calls please.