Non-profit law firm working for justice for the LGBTQ+ community
The Development Team at GLBTQ Legal Advocates & Defenders (GLAD) is searching for a Spring Intern to assist the organization in its efforts to secure ground-breaking legal victories, conduct policy advocacy, and educate the public on the most pressing civil rights issues impacting LGBTQ+ people and people who are HIV-positive. This is a great opportunity for someone who is considering a career in the non-profit sector, database administration, or event coordination and wants to have an impact on LGBTQ+ civil rights.
Typical projects may include, but are not limited to:
- Creating and maintaining a system for tracking Development department inventory
- Organizing Development digital materials on GLAD’s intranet
- Assisting with data cleanup and imports in Salesforce
- Researching vendors and venues and assisting with planning and logistics for GLAD’s fundraising events
- Conducting donor and prospect research on LinkedIn
- Thanking donors for their gifts by phone, email, and handwritten notes
- Assisting with mailings and other fundraising support as needed
- Interest in non-profit development, database management, and/or event planning
- Passion for social justice, LGBTQ+ rights, and racial and economic justice
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to ask questions, as well as the ability to take direction
- Working well independently and as part of a small team
- Showing initiative and follow-through in a dynamic environment
This is a 200-hour minimum internship with a stipend and an expected start date in January and end date in May. GLAD’s office – located at 18 Tremont Street, Boston, MA – is open 9am-5pm with some flexibility in schedule. This is a hybrid position with some required in-office hours and the option to work from home.
GLAD requires all staff, volunteers, and interns working in GLAD’s office, at events, or engaging in any in-person work on GLAD’s behalf to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
GLAD is dedicated to building a diverse staff, and one that is committed to equity and opportunity for all. GLAD strongly encourages applications from transgender people, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and people living with HIV/AIDS.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to: CJ Tran, Development Operations Assistant, at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org