DAIS (Domestic Abuse Intervention Services)
Position Opening: Security Operations Associate
Starts at $15.00 per hour
Do you enjoy interacting with people? Are you able to react calmly in a crisis? Become part of a vibrant team committed to the empowerment of those affected by domestic violence and advocating for social change through support, education, and outreach. Security Operations Associates serve as a first point of contact for clients and visitors while ensuring the security of DAIS clients by controlling building access, monitoring building security systems and responding to client queries in a trauma informed manner. Work shifts may include days, evenings, weekends, overnights, and holidays to ensure adequate coverage of the security office. Variable Part-time Security Operations Associates primarily provide weekend and overnight coverage, as well as weekday and holiday coverage as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Safety and security
o Controls and monitors traffic flow through the shelter entrance.
o Monitors security systems.
o Exercises judgment during crisis situations.
o Responds to emergency situations and follows protocols for working with law enforcement officers, emergency health care providers, and firefighting personnel who may respond.
• Customer Service:
o Provides excellent customer service to all visitors, clients and building users.
o Ensures a clean, orderly and welcoming entrance area.
o Responds to client queries in a trauma informed manner.
o Provides information to clients, including how to access services or set up appointments with program staff.
• Clerical Assistance:
o Completes and files appropriate paperwork as needed.
o Performs clerical duties as needed or assigned.
• Advance the work of the agency in a manner consistent with the organization’s values.
o Adheres to agency policies and work rules
o Advances knowledge and attends trainings as assigned.
o Provides cross-departmental/functional support and services as needed
o Promotes an atmosphere of extraordinary customer service.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Reception experience strongly desired, particularly with organizations that involve security and building access protocols. DAIS will provide
additional training for candidates who possess some experience and/or have strong supporting qualifications.
• High School diploma or GED/HSED required, some college coursework preferred.
• Computer skills including working knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office preferred.
• Ability to effectively handle crisis situations required.
• Ability to maintain professional boundaries required.
• Experience handling confidential information and materials preferred.
• Experience working in the human services field strongly preferred.
• Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
• Requires the agility to move about and position oneself to perform physical tasks and address emergency situations.
• Requires the ability to monitor and observe the activities of clients and children of clients as they enter and exit the building.
• Requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time.
• Requires the ability to remain alert.
• Work may be performed in an office setting and requires the ability to use standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers.
• May be required to move or transport supplies or equipment weighing up to 30 pounds.
The following application materials will be needed for consideration:
• Current resume, cover letter, three professional references.
• A completed Application for Employment (Download from the DAIS website: https://abuseintervention.org/get-involved/jobs/).
• Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Applications submitted without a cover letter and resume will NOT be considered.
Completed applications may be submitted via email as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DAIS is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer