Supervisor: Digital Organizing Director
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for an SMS Coordinator to join our Digital team. EMILY’s List has raised over $600 million to support pro-choice Democratic women candidates – making them one of the most successful political organizations ever. With a grassroots community of over five million members, EMILY’s List helps Democratic women win competitive campaigns – across the country and up and down the ballot – by recruiting and training candidates, supporting strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, and turning out women voters to the polls. Since its founding in 1985, EMILY’s List has helped elect 150 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 16 governors, and nearly 1,100 women to state and local office. Nearly 40 percent of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color.
The Digital Department is responsible for engaging and growing the EMILY’s List community and providing online resources for EMILY’s List candidates. The department works closely with the Campaigns, Training, Development, and Communications teams to ensure our online program advances the organization’s fundraising, messaging, and electoral priorities.
The SMS Coordinator will work with the digital team to write and lead all SMS content for both the EMILY’s List peer-to-peer and broadcast programs across our fundraising, member engagement, and candidate training goals.
● Work with Digital Organizing Director to set goals and a content calendar for SMS channels;
● Draft content for SMS channels that follows established style guidelines and tone-of-voice;
● Manage production and distribution of SMS content, including training staff on peer-to-peer texting and managing replies;
● Coordinate with digital colleagues on content for women interested in running for office;
● Support other departments and teams across the organization as they integrate SMS into their work;
● Coordinate with data team on audiences and data management;
● Support email team with SMS related emails, opt-in paths, and landing pages;
● Support social team with SMS related content and opt-in paths;
● Other projects as assigned.
We’re looking for candidates who have a passion for writing and digital organizing and want to help elect more pro-choice Democratic women than ever before.
Ideal candidates will have 2+ years of experience drafting engaging online content, preferably in a political, non-profit, or advocacy setting. Experience with SMS content writing and production is strongly preferred, but not required.
– Must be a strong writer, editor, and proofreader
– Experience drafting short-form content
– A sense of creativity and a willingness to try new things
– A strong sense of teamwork – we not only work closely as a team but pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service to our organization’s other departments.
Candidates should be able to handle multiple projects at once, work well under deadline, and understand that digital isn’t a 9 to 6 kind of job. Evening and weekend work will be expected as political events and rapid response needs demand. Must have a commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff and the commitment and passion to elect pro-choice Democratic women.
EMILY’s List offers a competitive salary and a strong benefits package. The salary range for this position is $44,000 to $54,000, depending on experience.
To apply, email resume and cover letter to email@example.com – subject line including your name and the job title. No calls, please.
EMILY’s List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
EMILY’s List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multi-cultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.