Website Texas Democratic Party
The Texas Democratic Party is seeking a top-tier, self-motivated, and innovative Deputy Voter File Manager. They will be responsible for managing the Texas VAN and leading VAN support for hundreds of campaigns, county parties, PACs, and clubs. The Deputy Voter File Manager will also lead on developing VAN training and support documentation for all VAN users.
They will report to the Deputy Data Director of VAN. This is a cycle position, with employment through November 2024. This is not a remote position, with the expectation to work in-person at the TDP’s Austin, TX Headquarters.
- Managing Texas VAN support, including:
- Responding to VAN help tickets and maintaining + improving the VAN help ticket system
- Writing and updating VAN support documentation
- Providing guidance on escalations for VAN help tickets
- Overseeing VAN account requests and creation, including managing interns with account setup
- Implementing systems for access to and data sharing within VAN for all sorts of user types, like county parties and candidates
- Handling the timely and strategic acquisition of the statewide voter file and other key datasets, i.e. early voting centers and polling places
- Collaborating with other departments to develop training curriculum
- Providing strategic advice to campaigns, county parties, and all VAN users on VAN best practices and data standards.
- Providing data support to the coordinated and organizing teams
- Other data / tech duties to support geographies / districts, including VAN administration, creating phone banks, managing texting programs, and more
- You are kind, resourceful, a team player, and an excellent problem solver
- You’re an expert VAN user — you find joy in teaching others better ways to use VAN and sharing tips & tricks about the platform
- You have experience in electoral politics and are passionate about using data and technical tools to organize and advance progressive causes
- You are savvy with Google Sheets, including vlookups, queries, and other formulas for quickly matching and manipulating data
- You are an excellent manager of both teams and projects
- You have a knack for customer service, and have demonstrated commitment to helping stakeholders achieve success
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have experience explaining technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You are passionate about electing Democrats up and down the ballot across the state of Texas
Technical skills we’re looking for:
- VoteBuilder / VAN
- Experience administering voter contact tools (like Hustle, ThruText, ThruTalk, Callhub, Spoke, Callserver COS, Reach, etc.)
- SQL experience (or interest in learning SQL) is a plus!
- Experience using Freshdesk, NGP 8, Zapier, Airtable, and/or Asana are all a plus
- A reliable laptop
- A reliable cell phone
Employee Classification: This is a Texas based full-time position and will include some nights and weekends.
Reports to: Deputy Data Director of VAN
Start date: February 2024
Diversity: The Texas Democratic Party is an equal-opportunity employer. Consistent with the Texas Democratic Party’s commitment to including groups historically underrepresented in the Texas Democratic Party’s affairs, by virtue of race/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability, we strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups to seek jobs within the Texas Democratic Party.