Website Texas Freedom Network
The Texas Freedom Network is a statewide non-partisan, grassroots organization that is building an informed and effective movement working toward equality and social justice.
The Campus Organizer will work in the Rio Grande Valley – Brownsville on our youth engagement program, Texas Rising. They will work to build power on their campus and in their community by organizing to increase voter participation. This is a part-time position, working an average of 20 hours per week.
Responsibilities for this position include: building the base of Texas Rising students, conducting issue and voter registration campaigns, and occasional administrative and data entry tasks.
Qualifications and Skills
Campus Organizers should be high-energy, outgoing, enthusiastic, and willing to spend many active hours outdoors interacting with students on campus. Campus Organizers report to the Regional Program Coordinator in their region. Candidate must:
- have a desire to learn and a willingness to receive feedback
- have the ability to communicate with diverse communities and leaders
- be willing to get deputized to register voters (ideal candidate is already deputized)
- have strong interpersonal skills, experience meeting deadlines, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- have a passion for LGBTQ equality, reproductive justice, criminal justice reform, immigration reform, and voting rights
- Preference will be given to candidates that are currently enrolled in a college or university of this region.
Pay & Benefits
- $21 per hour
- Paid sick time
- $115/mo internet and phone stipend
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Texas Freedom Network is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages people of color, ethnic minorities, women, and individuals from the LGBTQ community to apply.