Website The National Democratic Training Committee
Do you want to help thousands of Democratic candidates, staffers, and leaders across the country win their campaigns and build long-term power for success? Do you dream of creating dynamic training content for live settings to impact this change?
The National Democratic Training Committee (NDTC) runs a comprehensive training program in all 50 states through both virtual and in-person programming. To date, NDTC has trained over 100,000 people and over 1,400 candidates in the 2020 election cycle alone. In order to execute a program of this scale and ensure we provide participants with the best training possible, we have a talented group of trainers from across the country to deliver our scalable live training offerings.
Our trainings are driven by strategic learning objectives and full of the information, resources, and tools our trainees need to be successful on their campaigns and in their communities. These are not your typical training sessions! Our live trainings are interactive, experienced-focus, and engaging.
NDTC’s Live Training Team is seeking two Operations Associates (OA) to manage administrative and logistical aspects of NDTC’s Live Training programs, including virtual and in-person training programs. One Operations Associate will report to the Trainer Engagement Manager, and one Operations Associate will report to the Live Training Operations Manager. These individuals will be responsible for developing and implementing processes and strategies to ensure smooth operations of the team’s program. These positions both require managing data sets and providing data analysis of our trainer evaluation system and event evaluation system across the organization’s live programs. These positions may also require assisting on our trainer hiring and engagement processes, and include strong cross-team collaboration with different NDTC teams to execute programming.
- Support overall operations strategy to ensure an effective logistical experience for those involved with the live training team, including our contractual trainers
- Manage overall budgets and tracking of budgets for the live training team
- Manage event details, including but not limited to:
- Booking travel
- Securing accommodations
- Identifying and coordinating catering
- Securing training venues
- Creating training materials (handouts, signage)
- Ordering print and shipping all materials
- Keep live training team management informed with detailed and accurate budget projection reports and/or presentations.
- Lead conversations, synthesize data and findings, and advise on future steps to improve live training programming, trainer performance, and overall trainee experiences with our trainers across organizational programming
- Manage team-wide projects and initiatives
- Work closely with the live training team members to ensure program cohesion
- Assist with any hiring process needs for the Live Training team
- Supervise and provide professional development opportunities to interns
- Execute logistics during live training events during the COVID-19 Pandemic (when in-person travel resumes in 2022) and virtual live training events.
- 1-2 years of experience with event execution (virtual and/or in person). The experiences we would expect someone at this level to have may include some of the following skills and experiences:
- Booked a venue for an event
- Navigated a contracting process with support from a manager or legal team
- Staffed events on site, etc.
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Experience using Google Workspace products, with particular proficiency in Google Slides
- Ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders, trainees, staff, and others.
Nice-to-Haves, but Not Required Experiences and Skills:
- Past experience working with consultants and with lateral management (i.e., managing team members within and across teams who you do not directly manage to complete projects and workflows).
- Background with assessing data to find trends and present actionable next
- steps and ways to improve performance
- Past experience with facilitating a training in front of a live audience
- Familiarity with in person event execution in a post-vaccinated COVID-19 environment
Location: NDTC is a fully remote workplace. We have staff all across the country, with large groups centralized in Chicago and Washington, D.C.
Travel and Vaccine Requirements
Candidates must be willing to fly and live near (or be willing to relocate to) a major metropolitan area with reasonable access to a major airport. NDTC does not provide relocation funding in these circumstances. Examples of reasonable access to a major airport include being located in or near cities such as Chicago, DC, St. Louis, Atlanta, Austin, Philadelphia, San Diego etc. that have airports that are easily traveled to for frequent air travel.
- Ability to travel, on average, approximately 40 – 50% of time to event sites across the U.S. This historically has included Alaska and Hawaii and could grow to include US territories. International travel is not anticipated.
- Weekend travel with overnight stays required. The usual pattern of travel will include flying to a location on a Friday, staffing an all day event on Saturday or Sunday, and traveling home the evening after the training or the next day based on available travel logistics.
- Ability to travel to event sites across the U.S. via plane as primary travel method. Occasionally driving, train, or bus travel may be available for travel to off site locations as determined based on project location.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, candidates must adhere to CDC public health guidelines, as well as follow NDTC COVID safety protocols during travel and in-person events. Some precautionary measures include receiving full vaccination as defined by the CDC (or have an approved exception), the use face masks, and social distancing.
- NDTC works with staff to ensure they have predictable schedules as dictated by our program’s design. Standard work schedules will be adjusted and planned to accommodate any recurring evening and weekend commitments. If other evening and weekend events are assigned, all salaried employees will be provided with comped time off within 2 weeks of the event.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: NDTC requires all full-time, exempt employees to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination per CDC guidelines, unless a medical or religious accommodation is requested and approved. Reasonable time frames for compliance will be provided for candidates who need to complete a full vaccination cycle under this policy. Please reach out if you have further questions or concerns about this policy and how it may apply to your candidacy at NDTC.
About NDTC as an Employer
One Operations Associate will report to the Trainer Engagement Manager, and one Operations Associate will report to the Live Training Operations Manager.
NDTC is a fully remote workplace, with noting the travel requirements above.
NDTC believes that our differences enhance our strength as a political party—and as a nation—and we as an organization benefit from staff of diverse races, ethnic origins, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, economic backgrounds, abilities, and other facets of our identities.
Compensation + Benefits:
- Pay: Salary is commensurate with experience, and begins at $50,000-$60,000 per year.
- Healthcare: 100% employer-paid health, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, and life insurance available at the start of the first full month of employment
- Retirement Option: 10% employer match on contributions to 401(k)ionable next steps and ways to improve performance
- Flexible paid time off + all Federal holidays off + NDTC’s offices close for one week for Thanksgiving and a two-week winter break at the end of December.
- Equipment: Laptop, keyboard, mouse, monitor
- Professional Development: At NDTC, we value professional development and career growth. We provide $700 per calendar year for each staff member’s professional development.
To apply, please email Akiya Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Live Training Operations Associate.” Your email should include:
- A resume in PDF format
- Instead of a cover letter, please include a PDF with a 1-2 paragraph response to the following question:
- “What are the most important considerations you have noticed as impactful when previously attending a full day in-person training event with regard to event experience for trainers, learners, and external stakeholders (such as political partners)?”
- Please also indicate the date on which you would be available to start.
The interview process will formally begin after January 3, 2022. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled and will be a three-step interview process. One amazing benefit of working at NDTC is our Thanksgiving and winter breaks; however, these will impact the timeline of this hiring process. NDTC’s offices will be closed December 18, 2021 – January 2, 2022.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com