***Currently accepting applications for Fall
***Application period closes on July 31, 2021.
***Internship Term: August 23, 2021 – December 31, 2021, with possibility of extension
Are you a tech-savvy, artistic social media lover who enjoys writing and is excited to roll up your sleeves and learn about all things digital and communications? Are you looking for fully remote work with a flexible schedule and all the artist credit/by-lines you could want? Then this is the internship for you! NWHN seeks a talented, self-motivated, and passionate individual who is interested in serving as our Communications Intern. A college degree or current student status is NOT required. The Communications Intern will report to the Communications and Digital Media Manager but will have the opportunity to work closely with all departments within the organization. This is an excellent opportunity to make a real difference in women’s health while learning more about the day-to-day communications and digital operations of a national non-profit organization.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Generate regular posts both written and visual for NWHN social media platforms
- Pull and interpret analytics on social media performance
- Assist the Communications staff with the planning and evaluation of communication activities
- Draft correspondence, copy edit and proofread materials as requested
- Conduct research and write on a variety of topics related to women’s health
- Assist with media monitoring efforts, metrics collection, and reporting
- Assist with email marketing and website management
- Help boost traffic on the NWHN website and blog
Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated interest in women’s health
- Familiarity with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest)
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work effectively both as a team member and independently
- Ability to handle multiple priorities effectively
- Familiarity with WordPress and Blackbaud a plus
- Familiarity with graphic design and/or photo editing software a plus
Location, Hours, & Compensation
This position is fully remote, part time (approx 15 – 20 hours per week), and is flexible around your schedule. The internship term is between August 23, 2021 – December 31, 2021, and may continue further depending on mutual interest and satisfactory performance. The NWHN offers a weekly internship stipend of $185 per week, as well as superior coaching, mentoring, and opportunity generation for our interns.
How to Apply
Email the following to Adele Costa at email@example.com:
- Your resume
- Cover letter expressing your interest in the position and why you, above all others, should be considered
- A link to your art or writing online portfolio if you have one and/or emailed writing and art samples you feel might strengthen your application
- Include “Communications Internship” in the subject line of your email
- Application Deadline: July 31, 2021
Disclaimer: This description is intended to provide an overview of this position and is not all-inclusive. The incumbent in the position will be expected to perform other duties as required. Responsibilities may change over time. This description is provided for informational purposes only. The National Women’s Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.