Website The Outreach Team
The Outreach Team
Who We Are:
The Outreach Team (TOT) is a political consulting firm specializing in field organizing. We partner with good groups doing great things. We are excited to be working on a campaign to organize communities throughout Wisconsin to fight to win state-level elections and defend reproductive healthcare and freedoms.
The Campaign Organizer will hit the ground nearly one year before the 2022 midterm elections to develop grassroots and grasstops community relationships, recruit and train dozens of volunteers, train leaders on the campaign, and show up for coalition and partner organizations throughout the process. In summer of 2022, the organizer will work with volunteer leaders to launch a summer training program dedicated to relational organizing before heading into the fall. Come August, the organizer and their volunteers will leverage their relationships and mobilize their community to launch a voter identification and Get Out The Vote operation through Election Day 2022.
Locations and Timeline: We are hiring organizers for this position beginning November 29th, 2021, and continuing through December 31, 2022. Organizers must be based in or near Madison, LaCrosse, Green Bay, and Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Hit Campaign Deliverables
- Meet or exceed your daily, weekly, and monthly goals
- Work non-standard hours, including evenings and weekends
- Recruit and train hundreds of volunteers
Call and text thousands of supporters and recruit them to take action
- Run grassroots skills trainings to develop effective campaigners among volunteers
- Keep meticulous track of a volunteer list so that no supporter of reproductive freedom falls through the cracks
- Manage digital organizing tools and report regularly
Use campaign tools like VAN, peer-to-peer texting services, and relational organizing tools
- Take online tools and use them to work with volunteers on the ground (if safe)
- Run meetings, trainings, phonebanks, and actions by video
- Submit nightly and weekly reports to helps us track our work
- Recruit and train neighborhood team leaders who recruit and manage their own volunteers
- Engage other volunteers in leadership development Set up systems to ensure continuity of supporter relationship management
- 1-2 years experience in field and volunteer organizing, ideally with a mix of electoral and issue organizing
- Passion for freedom, diversity, equity, and inclusion, and standing
- Self-starter and excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience using VAN, peer-to-peer texting services, and managing social media pages
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends.
The salary for this position is between $45,000-52,200 annually depending on experience. We offer a generous benefits package, including paid vacation, paid sick leave, health insurance, and a (virtual) classroom-style training. At the end of the campaign, there may be opportunities for advancement.
At The Outreach Team, we believe deeply that equity and inclusion make us better at our work and help to build an inclusive progressive movement. We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage women, people of color, people with previous felony convictions, members of the LGBTQIA community, and people who identify with other underrepresented groups to apply.
Please note: We want to hire people of all gender identities. This hiring platform (JazzHR) does not allow us to add in specific options for gender identities outside of the binary, but we are currently working with them to find a solution.
To apply for this job please visit theoutreachteam.applytojob.com.