Website The Outreach Team
The Outreach Team
The Outreach Team is a field firm specializing in face-to-face canvassing operations. We fuel the nation’s leading progressive groups to raise money and impact critical elections.
We are currently seeking Directors to join us on an important and exciting campaign to help register new voters in key House districts to ensure a Democratic majority in 2022. We are hiring for multiple Director positions in Orange County, California.
Last year, the pandemic really slowed down progressive campaign efforts to engage the public. Our opposition did not slow down their outreach, however, and now, it is critical that we utilize this year to catch up on activating as many new voters as possible in advance of the 2022 Congressional elections. We need to not just maintain but expand our majority in the House if progressives are going to be able to drive the changes we need to address systemic issues impacting the most vulnerable communities in our country.
Directors will recruit, train, and manage a team of local canvassers to assist citizens in successfully and safely completing their voter registration applications. COVID-19 has altered the political landscape, but one thing remains the same – we will need to have in-person conversations with people to register new voters in key districts. Thankfully, we can do this in a way that is low risk. We will provide PPE and substantial health and safety training and we will all follow the canvassing protocols that will allow us to do this critical work while keeping ourselves and everyone else in our communities safe.
We are hiring immediately. This position can run through March 2022, with potential opportunities to extend.
Locations: Orange County, California. Strong preference for in-state candidates, short-term travel may be required.
Canvass Management Responsibilities:
– Manage a team of 15 – 30 canvassers, setting goals and holding staff accountable
– Train and provide ongoing motivation and support to staff
– Identify, promote, and train a leadership team
– Build a diverse team where staff feel respected while fostering a culture of equity and justice
– Implement quality control measures to ensure the integrity of the work
– Go in the field yourself several days per week to canvass, train staff, and help drive office goals by registering voters.
– Maintain a healthy and safe working environment for all staff
– Develop strategic plans to reach target voters/constituencies in assigned locations
– Manage administrative duties, including reporting data, record keeping, processing payroll, and distributing materials
– Strong connections and experience working with the AAPI community
– Strong management skills, including the ability to motivate and inspire a team while also holding staff accountable to goals and expectations
– Can speak compellingly about campaign issues and strategy
– Willing and able to listen to staff and solve problems
– Committed to equity and inclusion
– Strong work ethic; able to persevere in the face of challenges and setbacks
– Attention to detail, ability to drive best practices critical for protecting the integrity of the registration process
– Flexible; ready for the unexpected and willing to adapt to last-minute changes
– Eager to learn and open to feedback
– Basic tech competency (G-suite or Microsoft office, smartphone or computer)
– Community or issue-based campaign experience
– Experience running paid canvasses or managing paid employees
– Experience running voter registration or petition signature-gathering efforts
– Passion for social change and activism
– Team building ability
– Attention to detail
– A track record of success meeting or exceeding goals
– Experience working in underserved or marginalized communities
– Facilitation experience
– Local knowledge/experience
Salary: The salary range for this position is $1,300 – $1,450 per week. We offer a generous benefits package, including paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance, and hands-on training. At the end of the campaign, there may be opportunities for advancement and bonuses.
At The Outreach Team, we prioritize equity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage Black, indigenous, people of color, women, people with previous felony convictions, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who identify with underrepresented groups to apply
Please note: We want to hire people of all gender identities. This hiring platform (JazzHR) does not allow us to add in specific options for gender identities outside of the binary, but we are currently working with them to find a solution.
To apply for this job please visit theoutreachteam.applytojob.com.