Website The Outreach Team
The Outreach Team
Campaign Organizer, The Outreach Team
The Outreach Team is an organizing team that partners with good groups to do great things. We are excited to be working with The Green New Deal network to hold a series of weekly rallies putting pressure on Members of Congress to make serious investments in tackling climate change.
General Overview: With Congress debating a couple different infrastructure packages, we need to mobilize people to take immediate action and demand that any bill include robust funding to tackle the climate crisis. The Campaign Organizer will recruit and train dozens of activists to turn out for rallies to turn up the heat on swing members of Congress every week for ten weeks. The Campaign Organizer will hit the streets and gather hundreds of petition signatures Monday through Wednesday and recruit for weekly rallies on Thursday. The organizer will also recruit and train local activists to write LTEs and generate other media attention.
Timeline and Location: We are hiring organizers for this position beginning immediately and continuing through November 19th, 2021. Organizers must be based in or near: Phoenix, Arizona
Recruiting Activists to Rallies and to write LTEs
- Gather hundreds of petition signatures with phone numbers weekly
- Call and text all petition signers to drive turnout to rallies
- Work with volunteers to plan the logistics, make signage, and craft a run of show for each rally
- Grow rally size each week from 5-6 attendees in week one up to 50-100 attendees by week 10
- Debrief all volunteers and set up 1:1 meetings with rally attendees to deepen investment
- Recruit 15-20 people to submit LTEs over the course of the project
Working with Partners in State
- Meet and plan with existing partners of the Green New Deal Network in-state
- Regularly report out to coalition partners on the progress towards our goals
- Debrief all volunteers at the end of the project and hand over top volunteers to in-state groups to continue the work on the ground
Reporting and Data
- Submit a nightly numbers report detailing progress to goal on key metrics
- Keep a pristine database of volunteers and petition signers, updated daily
- Submit a weekly narrative report including photos of rallies and petitioning events
- Experience in field and volunteer organizing either on advocacy or electoral campaigns strongly recommended. Canvass experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience recruiting and training volunteers
- Track-record of effective work in coalitions
- Self-starter and excellent problem-solving skills
- Personally organized
- Passion for solving climate change
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends
- Experience working with campaign data management tools is preferred
The salary for this position is $50,000-$59,000, depending on experience. We offer a generous benefits package, including unlimited paid vacation and sick leave, free health insurance, and a monthly cell phone stipend. At the end of the campaign, there may be opportunities for advancement.
At The Outreach Team we believe deeply that equity and inclusion in our organization makes us better at our work and helps to build a stronger progressive movement. We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community and people who identify with other underrepresented groups to apply .
Please note: We want to hire people of all gender identities. This hiring platform (JazzHR) does not allow us to add in specific options for gender identities outside of the binary, but we are currently working with them to find a solution.
To apply for this job please visit theoutreachteam.applytojob.com.