Website The Outreach Team
Here in 2022, our American democracy is at a pivotal crossroads. We are currently seeking Voter Contact Field Directors to find, educate, and mobilize Democratic voters all across the state of Arizona to turn out in the August primary in defense of that democracy. Arizona is a critical battleground on the front line of our efforts to protect our democracy; Republican-held statewide offices are on the ballot, and razor-thin Republican legislative majorities are there for the flipping. We are hiring multiple Voter Contact Field Directors in Arizona. This campaign will be focused on speaking with Democratic voters in Phoenix and Tucson, and we are looking for Field Directors that have experience working in diverse communities.The pandemic impeded many campaign efforts to engage the public and mobilize Democratic voters. It is critical that we activate as many voters as possible in advance of the 2022 midterms. Starting early and talking to voters now is one of the keys to Democrats winning in November, and we must win if Democrats are going to be able to address systemic issues impacting the most vulnerable communities in the state, protect voting rights, and preserve the integrity of our election system. Directors will recruit, train, and manage a team of local canvassers to survey voters, talk to them about the stakes of this election, and confirm their intention to vote. COVID-19 has altered the political landscape, but one thing remains the same – we will need to have in-person conversations with people in key state legislative districts. Thankfully, we can do this in a way that is low risk. We will provide PPE and substantial health and safety training and we will all follow the canvassing protocols that will allow us to do this critical work while keeping ourselves and everyone else in our communities safe.
We are hiring immediately. This position concludes on the 8/2/2022 with the possibility of extending through the general election in November. Please note we accept applications on a rolling basis and conclude our hiring process as soon as the role has been filled.
Organizational Background: Our Voice, Our Vote – Arizona is a member-led organization committed to advocating for lasting progressive public policies, building power by mobilizing voters, training the next generation of leaders, electing champions into office, and holding elected officials accountable. By putting people first, Our Voice Our Vote is working to develop and lift up voices of communities to take on our nations most pressing issues.
Location: Tucson, AZ; Phoenix, AZ
- Manage a team of 40-50 canvassers, setting goals and holding staff accountable
- Train and provide ongoing motivation and support to staff
- Identify, promote, and train a leadership team
- Build a diverse team where staff feel respected, while fostering a culture of equity and justice
- Implement quality control measures to ensure integrity of the work
- Go in the field yourself 2-3 days per week to talk with voters, train staff, and help drive office goals
- Maintain a healthy and safe working environment for all staff
- Develop strategic plans to reach target voters/constituencies in assigned locations
- Manage administrative duties, including reporting data, record keeping, processing payroll, and distributing materials
- Strong management skills, including the ability to motivate and inspire a team while also holding staff accountable to goals and expectations
- Can speak compellingly about campaign issues and strategy
- Willing and able to listen to staff and solve problems
- Committed to equity and inclusion
- Strong work ethic; able to persevere in the face of challenges and setbacks
- Attention to detail, ability to drive best practices critical for protecting the integrity of the registration process
- Flexible; ready for the unexpected and willing to adapt to last minute changes
- Eager to learn and open to feedback
- Basic tech competency (G-suite or microsoft office, smart phone or computer)
- Spanish fluency
- Community or issue-based campaign experience
- Experience running paid canvasses or managing paid employees
- Experience running voter registration or petition signature-gathering efforts
- Passion for social change and activism
- Team building ability
- Attention to detail
- A track record of success meeting or exceeding goals
- Experience working in underserved or marginalized communities
- Facilitation experience
- Local knowledge/experience
Salary: The salary range for this position is $1125 to $1423 per week. We offer a generous benefits package, including paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance, phone and data stipend, and hands-on training. At the end of the campaign, there may be opportunities for advancement and bonuses.
Equity: If you are interested in this position but don’t think you qualify for everything, please don’t let that stop you from applying! At The Outreach Team, we prioritize equity and inclusion and believe our work is better when it benefits from the knowledge, experience, and wisdom of people who have faced systemic barriers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage Black, indigenous, people of color, women, people with previous felony convictions, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who identify with underrepresented groups to apply.
Who We Are
The Outreach Team is the national engine of campaigners and organizers powering the progressive movement. With an on-the-ground presence in communities all across the country, our world-class team runs successful civic engagement campaigns on behalf of progressive organizations and campaigns—to build a future that’s fairer, greener, safer and more peaceful for everyone.
Our client list includes organizations like Democratic National Committee, Black Progressive Action Coalition, Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund, Climate Action Campaign, Planned Parenthood, Democratic Senate Campaign Committee, For our Future, Solar Rights Alliance, The United Food and Commercial Workers International Union, and more.
Please note: We want to hire people of all gender identities. This hiring platform (JazzHR) does not allow us to add in specific options for gender identities outside of the binary, but we are currently working with them to find a solution.
To apply for this job please visit theoutreachteam.applytojob.com.