Website The Outreach Team
The Outreach Team
Work Towards Protecting Solar Energy in CA
Campaign Staff Needed $20-$25/hr + bonuses
Petitioners and Team Leaders
Hiring Immediately – Full-time & Part-time
Work towards Protecting Solar Energy in CA!
This campaign is about equitable access to cheaper, clean energy. Utilities like PG&E are trying to block people from getting solar, just as solar is becoming more accessible to working people, especially those in marginalized communities. The dirty power companies are lobbying the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) to make consumer solar twice as expensive than it is today. This would put solar out of reach for the working and middle class, just when it is taking off. It would also make the grid more expensive for everyone, forcing all consumers to pay $120 billion more for electricity. We want to keep growing solar in California so more families, schools, and small businesses can keep harnessing clean power from the sun. The CPUC is expected to make a decision by the end of this year.
We have a goal of getting 30,000 Californian residents to sign a petition by the first week of October so we can deliver them to Sacramento and make a big show, before the CPUC decides on the future of solar in our state!
Get paid well! Petitioning positions start at $20/hour. Leadership positions earn $21/hour. We offer performance bonuses, overtime pay, transportation bonuses, paid training, sick pay, and bonuses for friend referrals. All team members have the opportunity to earn an extra $100 for referring someone who is hired and works at least 5 shifts.
Stay Safe! We have strict health and safety protocols and we provide all of the training and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) you will need.
Locations: Fullerton, CA
We are hiring immediately, all positions are through the end of the campaign on Oct 8,2021. Shifts run from 10:30am – 6:30pm Tuesday-Saturday with the possibility to work part-time or full-time
Petitioner Responsibilities ($20/hr):
– Engage with the public in a friendly and professional manner
– Deliver a compelling presentation and compel California residents to sign the petition
– Ask every signer for their contact information so we can mobilize them in the future
– Participate in staff trainings to improve your outreach skills
– Strictly follow the campaign’s safety protocols, including the use of PPE and compliance with daily health and safety guidelines
Team Leader Responsibilities ($21/hr):
– The Petitioner Responsibilities plus:
– Manage a small group of petitioners out in the field by checking in with them periodically throughout the day and debriefing with them at the end of the day
– Ensure each petitioner has all of the materials they need to be safe and successful
– Help foster an equitable and inclusive work environment
– Assist directors with petitioner training and administrative work
The ideal candidate:
– Passionate about progressive politics and fostering democracy
– Strong communication skills; you should enjoy working with other people and be willing and excited to speak with everyone
– Hard worker who will stay motivated to engage as many people as possible
– Open to new challenges and are interested in building their campaign skills
– Culturally competent and able to respectfully engage with teammates and the community
Prior petitioning experience is a plus but not required.
Pay: $20/hr for petitioners and $21/hr for Team Leaders. We offer performance bonuses, driver bonuses, paid training, sick pay, and bonuses for friend referrals.
We are committed to equity, inclusion, and anti-racism. We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage Black, indigenous, people of color, women, people with previous felony convictions, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who identify with underrepresented groups to apply.