Website The Pivot Group
Strategy that moves you to victory.
Pivot is seeking a Targeting & Data Services Manager for the 2021-2022 election cycle. This is a fully remote position in our Targeting & Analytics Department.
The ideal candidate will have a strong eye for detail, a passion for data-driven strategy, and a commitment to bringing about real progressive victories across the US. This is a full-time, temporary position through Election Day 2022 with competitive salary and benefits. The nature of our business requires long hours and occasional weekend work during the election cycle. We expect all staff to be flexible in this area.
- Working with Pivot’s Director of Targeting & Analytics, lead the creation of strategic targeting plans for clients
- Be a resource for our Client Services teams and provide insight on how to continually use data in their programs
- Run and interpret queries of voter file data from a variety of platforms
- Clean, combine, and process data files from a variety of sources to create printer ready mail lists and program evaluations
- Develop clear reports that summarize findings for both technical and nontechnical users
- Manage workflow of Targeting & Analytics Department
- Mentor other department staff on above processes
What you bring to the team:
- Experience designing and implementing targeting strategies for electoral or advocacy campaigns
- Experience with a coding language, such as C++, Python, R, SQL, SPSS, or Stata, and understanding of relational databases
- Experience with tools such as Civis Platform or Phoenix is preferred
- Flexible and can quickly adapt to fit team needs
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Please include the word “Scuba” somewhere in your cover letter
- Strong ability to communicate your work to clients and colleagues outside the data team
- Passion for progressive politics and data science
Applicants located in or able to work from a state where Pivot is registered as an employer are preferred. Eligible states include: AL, AZ, CA, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, NY, OH, OR, VA, and WI. All Pivot staff must be located in the US.
Compensation & Benefits
The salary range for this position is $80,000 – $100,000 per year plus bonuses. In addition, all staff receive:
- 100% employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Equipment and other supplies to furnish your home office
- Annual employer-paid membership to One Medical
- Monthly internet reimbursements
- Meal stipends
Who We Are
A woman-majority owned firm, Pivot is committed to electing Democrats up and down the ballot. We are an energetic team of experts specializing in voter communications through direct mail, advanced targeting, and provide strategic guidance to progressive causes, organizations, and campaigns across the country. And we’ve created a workplace that lets us live out our deepest values. Thank you for wanting to join us.
Diversity & EEO Statement
Pivot is committed to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and identities. Women, people of color, immigrants, people with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ people, gender non-conforming people, and people from low-income backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Pivot follows all Equal Employment Opportunity Policies and employs personnel without regard to: race, ethnic or religious background, descent or nationality, sexual orientation, gender, gender identification, physical or mental disability, marital status, age, height, weight, or military service. This policy applies to employment, internships, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, relationships with vendors, use of contractors and consultants and in dealing with the general public.
If you require an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us directly at 202-524-0048 and our team will assist you.
The responsibilities and requirements listed in this job description are general guidelines – we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all qualifications.
To apply for this job please visit thepivot.bamboohr.com.