Website Century Engineering
Traffic Engineer/Analyst – Hunt Valley, MD Office
Century Engineering, LLC, a Kleinfelder Company, is a multidisciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of services to include consulting, engineering, environmental, planning, design, and construction services. With a dedicated staff of over 600 technical and administrative personnel throughout the Mid-Atlantic region, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Orientated around our employees first, Century provides competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes a 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave time and various employee perks and discounts. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, Century’s culture encourages community service, continued learning, personal growth and fun!
Century Engineering is currently seeking a talented Traffic Engineer/Analyst with 1-5 years of experience to join our Traffic Engineering Department in Hunt Valley, MD. The successful candidate will be expected to work on a wide range of traffic engineering design and analysis tasks with guidance, training, support, and mentoring from experienced Professional Engineers and Project Managers. This is an ideal position with significant opportunities for an individual seeking long-term professional growth within a National organization.
- Apply the principles of the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) as well as interpret and apply applicable federal, state and/or local design standards
- Develop designs for traffic signal; signing and pavement markings; roadway, trail, and pedestrian lighting; Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS); and Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) using computer-aided design and drafting software such as MicroStation and AutoCAD
- Develop project Deliverables for MDOT, DDOT, PennDOT, VDOT and local government agencies while applying all federal, state and/or local codes
- Perform traffic analyses for Traffic Impact Studies (TIS), Traffic Operations Analysis (TOA), and/or Maintenance of Traffic Alternatives Analysis (MOTAA) using Synchro/SimTraffic, Sidra, Highway Capacity Manual and/or Highway Safety Manual
- Assist project managers and senior engineering staff with defining project work scopes and preparing task proposals
- Maintain and adhere to project budgets
- Travel to project/client sites to conduct field work, complete tasks or attend meetings
- Bachelor of Science (BS) or Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Civil Engineering, Transportation Engineering, or a related discipline
- Strong technical background with MicroStation, AutoCAD or a related design software
- Strong technical background in Synchro/SimTraffic and/or other analytical programs
- Experience working on, and knowledge of MDOT, VDOT, PennDOT, DDOT and/or City of Baltimore projects
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to plan and organize work, analyze, and solve problems, and prepare and support comprehensive designs
- Must have a keen eye for detail and be attentive to the quality of project Deliverables
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A positive attitude and a strong commitment to our Traffic Engineering Department and the company culture is a must
- Valid Driver License with demonstrated safe driving practices
- Additional Considerations (Not required but will be considered in determining compensation):
- EIT certification, PE licensure or PTOE certification
- 1-5 years of traffic engineering experience
Century Engineering, LLC, a Kleinfelder Company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Committed to employment equality, employment selections and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, genetic information, religion, national origin, color, veteran status or any other protected class. Century ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If a medical condition or disability necessitates a reasonable accommodation for any party of this application process, please contact [email protected] or call 443-589-2400 (MD, DE, PA) 804-644-4600 (VA) and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com