EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for a Training Manager to join our Training & Community Outreach team. EMILY’s List has raised over $600 million to elect pro-choice Democratic women candidates. With a grassroots community of over five million members, EMILY’s List helps Democratic women win competitive campaigns – across the country and up and down the ballot – by recruiting and training candidates,
supporting strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, and turning out women voters to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect 150 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 16 governors, and nearly 1,100 women to state and local office. Nearly 40
percent of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. During the historic 2017-2018 cycle, EMILY’s List raised a record-breaking $110 million dollars and launched a record independent expenditure campaign. We helped elect 34 new women to the House, including 24 red-to-blue victories; enough seats to have delivered the U.S. House majority alone. Since the 2016 election, more than 50,000 women have reached out to EMILY’s List about running for office laying the groundwork for the next decade of candidates for local, state and national offices.
The Training Manager will work in coordination with the Training Director on the design, implementation and execution of the EMILY’s List training program and goals. The Training Manager will coordinate with others to expand and maintain EMILY’s List’s industry leading curriculum and engaging presentations. This includes, but is not limited to, collaborating across departments to develop the EMILY’s List trainings and resources for federal, state, and local candidates, staff and future candidates; developing various allied partner presentations. The Training Manager is also responsible for all training logistics and the execution of in-person and online webinar trainings.
● Supporting the Training Director and VP of Training & Community Engagement to update training curriculum;
● Managing data integrity across systems and holding responsibility for organizing all training data using Excel or Google Sheets;
● Researching and vetting training locations across the country;
● Coordinating with other departments, for trainings to be executed at the highest level on the ground including invitations, partnerships, logistics, and evaluations;
● Manages the training webinar program, including modifying curriculum, managing vendors, preparing trainers and working with Digital to invite and track attendees;
● Ongoing tailoring of the training programs, including curriculum updates/edits to ensure training and/or workshop best fits the needs of the room;
● Deploying as a trainer when necessary;
● Coordinating interdepartmentally to develop a yearly training schedule;
● Performing other duties as assigned.
● Experience with campaigns or progressive organizations;
● Track record of designing and executing successful training programs;
● Some database skills, EveryAction/VAN and Excel preferable;
● Proven commitment to the diversity of curriculum development, training resources, partnering, self and staff development;
● Experience with public speaking and/or adult learning a plus;
● Excellent communication and leadership skills;
● Proven track-record of managing transparently across departments to execute projects;
● Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively;
● Strong writing and organization systems;
● Commitment and passion to training, supporting and helping elect Pro- Choice Democratic Women;
● Commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff.
EMILY’s List offers a competitive salary and a strong benefits package. To apply, email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org – subject line including your name and the job title. No calls, please.
EMILY’s List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
EMILY’s List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multi-cultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed
and encouraged to apply.