Website University of South Carolina Upstate
Office Manager, Housing and Residential Life
University of South Carolina Upstate
The Office Manager, Housing and Residential Life performs daily routine duties such as problem-solving, receiving the public, data entry, verbal and written communication, providing administrative support to HRL full time and graduate staff. This position is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Housing and Residential Life office and thus the Office Manager serves as a resource for visitors, student staff and residents.
- Provide excellent customer service to the public by responding to inquiries and concerns by providing correct information. This will be in-person visitors to the office as well as phone calls and email.
- Provide administrative support to the Director (scheduling of appointments and meetings, special projects, administrative support) and to the Assistant Director for Operations (travel paperwork, payment requests, purchasing card allocations, purchase requisitions, uploading charges and fees and monthly reporting)
- Coordinate recruitment, selection and hiring of the Student Office Assistant (SOA) staff in conjunction with the Assistant Director for Residence Education. Organize and facilitate SOA training each August and January. Hold staff meetings monthly with student office assistants and Supervise and evaluate the SOA staff. Develop and maintain SOA staff office coverage schedules.
- Manage website content for HRL working with Assistant Director for Operations on updates. Management of any annual updates of department forms and print materials, cash receipting and deposits. Utilize Banner to audit accounts, place and remove holds.
- Assist with University events including MoveUP, Fab Fridays, Open Houses etc.
- Assist with check in and check out processes in the office, coordinate key control, and creating Cases in Maxient and entering in Work orders in SchoolDude. Ensure adequate office supplies are available; coordinate ordering of office supplies and stock the Sparty’s printer.
Bachelor’s degree, or high school diploma and 4 years work experience that is directly related to the area of employment; or equivalency. A valid driver’s license and good driving record is required. A successful background check is required.
Must possess good knowledge of the overall principles, policies, and general practices of office management. Understanding/working knowledge of relevant regulations, policies, procedures, & practices pertaining to the state of South Carolina & a public university is preferred. Must be computer literate & proficient in the use of MS Office. Experience with PeopleSoft, Banner, StarRez, Maxient.
Salary: $14.40 per hour
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.